Mainland Mahogany Concert - She's on her way!

max2173

Reaction score
Rang up Eagle Music Shop here in the UK today to ask about the availability of the Mainland Mahogany Concert. They said they were getting three more in next week, and two had already been ordered. After getting more than I expected for my 21st, I had no hesitation in placing and order there and then! I'm so excited!!!

Now I just need to think of a name for her! Both my uke and guitar have got alliterative names at the moment, but I might break the mould and name my Mainland after a star or galaxy.

Aloha Max,
congrats on your New Mainland Mahogany concert...and happy 21st birthday greetings...MM Stan

hey Max. Great choice mate and what an awesome 21st birthday present. Congrats! Maybe a bit cheesy, but what about 'Mandela' as a name... after the great Nelson Mandela?

Congratulations and happy birthday. You will definately have one of the sweetest uks around.

Congrats and Happy Birthday! Dont forget to post pictures of your new Mainland when you get it :D

Happy Birthday!! What a GREAT birthday gift a new uke!! Congratulations

I bought one and originally was a bit disappointed. Then it opened up a TON and is not a very bright and loud go-to uke. Congrats, strum the sucker hard for about a month and you will be please how it opens up!

Congrats! I got the same one for my first ukulele, and it plays really easily. I've got Worth CMs on it now, but I think I'm going to go back to Aquilas. The Worths give it a nice mellow, almost harplike tone, but they seem a bit quieter and much less ukuleleish.

Not to threadjack, but does anyone know how the Martin m600s strings compare? I'm hoping they're a little less brash than the Aquilas, but a little brighter than the Worths.

Congrats on joining the Mainland Mango club!

I am just about to replace the strings on mine. Was going to try the Worths, so I appreciate Crowsby's comments. The Aqilia's are kind of old (I bought mine used from the Marketplace), so I might give it a run with newer strings. Interesting to hear other people's takes.

Hey UU,

Update: She's here!

A lot quicker than I expected, I was woken up this morning by my mum with a really big box. I was out of bed like a shot! I'll post a video as soon as I put her down long enough to find my webcam.

Oh and Lexxy, my guitar is called Izzy. Still not thought of a name for the Mainland though!

Top Bottom