OK so I am the sucker... just ordered a GoldTone BUB

Huna

Reaction score
At Christmas I lucked out and bought a Hamano Soprano Uke off amazon for 120 bucks. I tried to resist!

Well it happened again. I posted on here there was this Gold Tone Baritone Banjo Uke for 151 on Amazon with a hardcase. I went back and looked at the instrument a few times on Amazon on youtube and noted it had a 2 star review on Amazon but on Youtube it did a little better. I even posted information about it on this forum in the hopes someone would buy it but I guess no one did.

So this morning on IMPULSE I pulled the trigger! So now I am expecting a new Baritone Banjo Uke in the mail in a couple days...

Just like the Hamano, immediately after purchase, they raised the price up another hundred bucks. Guess I am the guinea pig! Wish me well!

PS, I am getting a new hip tomorrow so will be at home recovering for a few weeks or a month. Will be driving the wife crazy as she hates banjos. xD

Last edited:
Hi Huna, Congrats on your banjolele. My friend has one and I love it.
I just had to comment on your new hip. It cracked me up because you sound so casual about getting a new hip. Like I am getting a new TV tomorrow, or a pair of sandals. Made me laugh. Good luck with your surgery and that new hip!

I have one and it's a lot of fun. Baritone is a great size for BUs, but the head is a little smaller than it ought to be - should be 10".

Ian

i got a Banjolele last week and am having lots of fun playing it. It is loud, so playing with a group of ukes, it will stand out - I'm not sure if that is good or not ;-) After I have mine for a month or so, I will do a review. I would enjoy a review from you as well. Have fun.

I recently read an article wherein ukulele players were referred to as "hipsters." Perhaps you read the same article and were confused by it; just because you buy a new ukulele does not mean you also have to get a new hip :)

My best wishes to you in both acquisitions.

Great price, I wish I would have known they were selling them that cheap, my mother in law would love one! I have the BUC and just love it.

yeah I am used to sopranos but do have one baritone. I am curious how it will be DGBE but gCEA it would definitely be loud. I know Glen Rose tunes Baritones as if they were sopranos (but he uses a low G). Seems that a banjo would sound good with re-entrant though I do believe so I will see how it is with the strings it comes with.

yeah I saw that video. There was one video review of the baritone but I decided to get the baritone because it was affordable at 151 bucks with the case and all. this guy makes his sound cool:

I've got one of those. A total hip replacement. Had it since 1998. What a tremendous difference it made for me. Best wishes for a successful surgery and a speedy recovery.

Aloha Huna,
Hip Hip Hooray and Congratulations for the new purchase of your Banjo Baritone...Good Luck on your hip surgery today..let us know how it works out for you...talk to you soon..take care and Many blessings..MM Stan

Congrats on the new Uke, and I hope the hip surgery goes well and you recover quickly! Good Luck :D

thanks for the support:

PS_0019_BANJOS2_RK.jpg

I have one and it's a lot of fun. Baritone is a great size for BUs, but the head is a little smaller than it ought to be - should be 10".

Ian

New hip or Baritone Banjo, or both? LOL

I recently read an article wherein ukulele players were referred to as "hipsters."
So maybe that's what Allen Ginsburg meant when he wrote...

I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by madness, starving hysterical naked,
dragging themselves through the negro streets at dawn looking for an angry fix,
angelheaded hipsters burning for the ancient heavenly connection to the starry dynamo in the machinery of night,
who poverty and tatters and hollow-eyed and high sat up smoking in the supernatural darkness of cold-water flats floating across the tops of cities contemplating jazz,
who bared their brains to Heaven under the El and saw Mohammedan angels staggering on tenement roofs illuminated,
who passed through universities with radiant eyes hallucinating Arkansas and Blake-light tragedy among the scholars of war...

Top Bottom