Candelas Soprano

SamUke

Reaction score
I picked this up at a fair price, it's a Candelas Soprano built in the Nunes spirit. All Mahogany construction with an interesting twist, it uses a fret wire saddle. Looking for the right strings, the Aquilas sounded a little strong and all the local shop had was some Martin's, so I tried those but I don't seem to care for them. Any suggestions?

candelas.jpg

Which Martins did you get? The old "crystal nylon" strings are awful on everything I've tried them on, but the newer flourocarbons are quite nice on solid or solid top ukes. I'd also recommend you try Worth's and Fremont Blacklines, they are both flourocarbon strings and the Worths come either clear or brown with the browns being a bit more mellow sounding. Good luck in your search.

It's not the strings that you are having problems with, it's the uke!! hahaha just kidding. I remember you asking about Candelas and I guess you pulled the trigger. Congrats!!

You should do a sound bite. Candelas are 3rd generation luthiers but for whatever reason, lots of people don't know much about them even though there are plenty of guitar luthiers who ventured into ukes.

Been reading some good stuff about Worth Browns on sopranos that are a little too "bright", etc. Metal saddle!!!! Hmmmmmm.

Top Bottom