This wait is killing meeeeeee!!

JoeC

Reaction score
Aloha,

So I ordered a lovely Lanikai Monkey Pod concert uke, from the wonderfully helpful Mim :)

Down side - I live in England, and it's taking an AGE to get here. I think whats making it worse is the fact that I can track it, so I'm constantly checking where it's got to and stuff.

It's been cleared through UK customs for about 3 days now... So it MUST be close! I just started redecorating my bedroom today, so I'm not too bothered about it not showing up until I'm done with that. So it has a nice new home to be welcomed into :D

On the other hand, I WANT IT NOW! >.<

Hope you're all good, by the way :)

Congrats on the gorgeous uke. I know this clip is for a tenor Lanikai SMP uke, but listen to the difference between factory strings and the Ko'olau Alohis about halfway through he clip. The improvement is striking and even if you don't want low g on your concert, you still might want to consider these Ko'olau strings in re-entrant tuning. Best wishes.

http://www.theukulelesite.com/ukulelemarket/lanikai-smp-t

Three days since it passed through UK customs? Maybe it's stopping at all the pubs between there and you?

Anyway, soon it'll be in your arms making music. Have a blast when it arrives!!!

Great choices, uke and seller. Here's hoping the new baby is in your arms real soon. Keep us posted, and we want pics of the unboxing and a vid of you playing please :)

I hope yours shows up soon!

I'm about to do something similar with an Eleuke from Mim, just have to send money today and then the W-A-I-T BEGINS! I even made up a little song called "Waiting is the hardest part" last night, not sure if I can remember it all to write down and chord and then play, well play with one of my Ukes that ISN'T an Eleuke!

Thanks for teasing me with that video Phil :p haha, I'm just kidding, I think I preferred the second strings with the low G. I've never played a uke with a low G, but I think it's worth trying out :)

IT'S STILL NOT HERE!!!!

Sad face.

Top Bottom