Blog on Stromberg Voisinet banjo ukuleles, and other stuff...

Jnobianchi

Reaction score
Guys and gals,

I've been collecting information on Stromberg Voisinet banjo ukuleles for more than a year, and it's just sitting on my computer, not doing anyone much good as reference material. So, I've decided to start blog posting the pictures and information I've been able to find.

You can find the blog here: http://theukaholic.blogspot.com/

Yeah - I know what you're going to say: Not another blog! Hopefully this one is a little different and serves more as a depository for information than as a real blog.

And I have a favor to ask: if you have a Stromberg Voisinet, banjo ukulele or another instrument (as I'm interested in all things this company produced during its 11 years under this name), please DO send along pictures and information to me. I'm clearly suffering from some form of OCD, and I need to be enabled. ;)

Thank you very much.

Aloha John,
Cool man thank you for sharing your blogspot with us...wow it is a cool site..and
alot of hard work looks like went into it...cool pic's too...MM Stan

Thanks for your efforts!
I've got a "style 6" with original case I can take pictures of... where do you want them posted/sent?

John, I forwarded your blog URL to Ms. Amity Rose who said to say "hi!". She, of course, has one of the rose decalomania resonator ukes.

Hope to see you next year at the NY Uke Fest.

Oh this is magic John- are you a scientist? I only ask because when this level of completeness is arrived at, normally there is a scientist behind it.
Enjoyed the read- learned a ton- would love to see a little side article (I know it would digress) on what you know about my beloved Maybell, lord knows it is a lot more than I do...but I figure an SV is in my future anyway- might as well know all about them because people just want to ask questions when they come out of their cases.
Keep it up- and thanks for so much info on this so little known instrument-
Dave

Dave - I think I'm just OCD, that's all. ;) Actually, I wish I were joking. Thanks for reading, and yes - there's room for a maybell article - I've been less obsessive about cataloging pictures there, but I have kept track of every model I'm ever seen. More insanity, to be sure. :)

My dear Uncle Harry shipped me his mother's ukulele this week--and now I'm the proud owner of a Stromberg Voisinet!

This is a new "sound" to me and there's a bit of a story that goes with this one—you can read it at http://www.ukuleletonya.com.

And, yes, there are some initial photos posted with the story--I'll have more when I get new strings on it and spruce it up a bit. It appears to be what John calls a "Style 1" but it does have six MOP fretboard markers, rather than the four he usually sees.

I'm hoping folks here might be able to help me out with answers to a few questions I've posted on my site about my new "Stromby." Your ideas/input will be most appreciated!

Top Bottom