Ever buy back a uke you sold?

Doc_J

Reaction score
Every once in awhile I see a former uke of mine either being enjoyed by someone or up for sale. First let me say I have bought and sold over 25 ukes, some really nice ones too. Usually I had a good reason at the time to sell a uke. It’s nice to see ones being enjoyed more by someone else. But, I’ve been tempted once or twice to buy back a uke I sold when I have seen it up for sale again. I haven’t actually done that yet. But wanted to see if anyone else has those thoughts about or actually did buy back a uke they sold.

Ever buy back a uke you sold? Any good stories?

I had considered it with a vintage uke. Actually had the buyer offer it back at a great price before putting it on the market. Very respectful of em to do it, but I passed. I figured I got rid of it for a reason.

Every once in awhile I see a former uke of mine either being enjoyed by someone or up for sale. First let me say I have bought and sold over 25 ukes, some really nice ones too. Usually I had a good reason at the time to sell a uke. It’s nice to see ones being enjoyed more by someone else. But, I’ve been tempted once or twice to buy back a uke I sold when I have seen it up for sale again. I haven’t actually done that yet. But wanted to see if anyone else has those thoughts about or actually did buy back a uke they sold.

i have tried to buy back a Mele koa top mahog back and side uke a couple of times. I missed it both times. I wished I had never let that uke go.

Not yet...but have regretted selling some and it still bothers the heck of me why I sold them...sheesh...MM Stan

Thinking I was not into Baritones, I sold my Makala Baritone. A few months later, I bought another one.

I only have 4 ukes and would only sell the tenor and I know i wouldn't buy it back. It's not bad it's just that I can't handle the tenor scale well.

i wish. But, gotta keep the rotation going.

One uke I sold last summer that I missed was a Kepasa Josephine, all mahogany, in fact it is the one up for sale in fmm now.

I'd been looking for the same basic model for a while, ended up getting another used one at the end of May (all Koa with sitka top). This new model sounds similar, maybe a bit louder. But, if I had known my old uke would be up for sale, I'd might have bought it back.

I usually keep some pictures and a sound file of former ukes. Sometimes it helps me remember why on earth I sold it.

Attachments

• Mahogany Joe.jpg
    Mahogany Joe.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

The first uke I sold was my red Fluke. When I saw it relisted I was really tempted to buy it back...but I didn't. I just don't think I gave that little Fluke enough time to grow on me. Whenever I see a red Fluke for sale I feel a little pull...I imagine I will own another one at some point.

Top Bottom