deadeye

Reaction score
hey guys, long time no post!

how is everyone?

so yeh. just browsing ebay ukes, as you do, and stumble upon this:

DSCN4833.JPG

DSCN4839.JPG

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140256006223

so pretty! and...damn reasonable, even if it is from taiwan! but handcrafted nice nice nice. so im like, $400...meh bid steep lets bit $250, which converted to british pounds is pretty cheap.

2minutes later hes accepted the bid! so for $310 (shipping) i get a solid curly tenor uke (top) with some pretty sweet inlays. only worry is its gunna be crap build quality, but from all his comments it seems like people are happy with them

so fingers crossed it comes out ok. what do you guys think?? did i get a good deal or is it gunna be made of chipboard.

jon!

Last edited:
These can actually sound good especially with aquilas.. Remember to keep it humidified though They will crack and shrink so you should keep it as high humdity as poossiblke as these were built in the 60 to 80 % humidiity range when assembled.

I looked at similar ukes made in Vietnam. They sure are pretty, but I wasn't sure baout the build,t he finish or the woods and so on. I've resisted so far but let us know what it's like when it arrives and maybe it'll inspire others to seek them out.

those inlays make it remind me of something you would find in an antique shop. it looks REALLY awesome though. it must've been really hard to put that all together.

I looked at similar ukes made in Vietnam. They sure are pretty, but I wasn't sure baout the build,t he finish or the woods and so on. I've resisted so far but let us know what it's like when it arrives and maybe it'll inspire others to seek them out.

Those Antoniotsai ones?

I've heard mixed things, but check with Heather-- she's got one.

Those Antoniotsai ones?

I've heard mixed things, but check with Heather-- she's got one.

Theres a thread here somewhere warning about ukes from that guy. be careful.

Theres a thread here somewhere warning about ukes from that guy. be careful.

i have one of his ukes and it sounds amazing. however, i think i am one of the lucky few. it did start cracking when i got it, though. but it is still playable and sounds great.

of course, i got mine a lot cheaper. more along the lines of 100 dollars including shipping.

just to check this Antoniotsai is not the same guy i just bought from, or..is ?

Top Bottom