The lovely Sophie Madeline is doing a 30 day Covers challenge.

Foinnse

Reaction score
Brett McQueen (what a surname) of the "Ukulele Tricks" website said it best in his post so;

"Have you heard of Sophie Madeleine? If you haven’t, then you need to know that she is one of the most interesting, creative, lovely, and captivating ukulele players you’ll have the pleasure of listening to these days.
Just a few days ago, Ms. Madeleine started into her 30 days of cover songs. For thirty days straight, she is releasing a video of a cover song each day. This will lead up to the release of a new music video of her first single “Oil & Gold” from her album The Rhythm You Started. "

And I whole-heartedly agree. I am already a fan of Sophies originals, she has a sweet voice and a lovely elegant simplicity to her lyrics, and she puts a lovely spin on the covers she does.
And she's taking requests so head over to her page for a look at the covers she has done and submit a request too if you're so inclined. https://www.facebook.com/SophieMadeleineMusic

Cheers -F

Last edited:
I changed the link, and it appeared to be working, but now seems to be broken again.... I don't get it. If you are interested simply go to facebook and search her page, or go to her youtube page as linked to above.

Cheers -F

When I first started uke, I really enjoyed her videos because of her style and looks. I was surprised I didn't hear much about her; so, I'm glad to see this post. I'd be interested in seeing what she is up to.

I changed the link, and it appeared to be working, but now seems to be broken again.... I don't get it. If you are interested simply go to facebook and search her page, or go to her youtube page as linked to above.

I believe Facebook is having issues today.

Here's the full link to Sophie Madeleine's Facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/SophieMadeleineMusic?ref=ts She's actively taking requests for her 30-covers-in-30-days thing, and you can post requests on her Facebook page.

Last edited:
Thanks for the link. Her videos are brilliant.

I got to see her at a live performance in San Francisco a few months ago. She's very talented and her voice is amazing. I hope her new CD does well.

I believe Facebook is having issues today.

Here's the full link to Sophie Madeleine's Facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/SophieMadeleineMusic?ref=ts She's actively taking requests for her 30-covers-in-30-days thing, and you can post requests on her Facebook page.
Thanks Mds725! That link seems to be working well now.

She's got such a voice, it sometimes has a sort of underlying treble to it that gives me goosebumps.
Yes, she seems to have quite a natural vibration to her voice which is quite special alright. Its something quite unusual! The fact that she is very pretty is also a nice bonus. :rolleyes:

Cheers -F

Goosebumps all right. And a local girl. Ish. Next county over. :) I reckon a live performance gets the goosebumps on the goosebumps. She's got that chanteuse "I'm singing this song just for you and there's nobody else in the room" thing.

I'm getting jealous you guys are talking about my woman.

Goosebumps all right. And a local girl. Ish. Next county over. :) I reckon a live performance gets the goosebumps on the goosebumps. She's got that chanteuse "I'm singing this song just for you and there's nobody else in the room" thing.

Next country over? It says your based in the UK, where is she based?

She's great! I love to hear her talk.

Next country over? It says your based in the UK, where is she based?

She is in the UK also. Brighton Beach I believe. If you're from Hawaii you would not recognize this as a beach. Its water with a bunch of stones.

She is in the UK also. Brighton Beach I believe. If you're from Hawaii you would not recognize this as a beach. Its water with a bunch of stones.

Brighton is in the UK. Brighton Beach is in Brooklyn. Though I suppose the beach in Brighton must be called Brighton Beach. Or Brighton beach. Hmmm. But yes. Stones. Lots of stones.

Top Bottom