Two Videos from The Ukulele Cowboy Society...

ukulelecowboy

Reaction score
Some threads popping up about Baritone Ukuleles so I thought that I would post a couple of videos that were shot at a recent gig at the Old Bag of Nails Pub in Grandview Heights, Ohio. It was about 90 degrees that day so I'm pretty much a sopping mess. My wife looks fabulous (I don't think she sweats!) I was also battling a persistent mosquito during the Rainbow performance.

I play Pono Baritones exclusively. Fell in love with the price point, workmanship, supported tonewood selection for Baritones, adjustable truss rods, and low profile frets. The Mahogany that I'm playing in the videos is fitted with a MiSi pickup and Southcoast linear (GCEA) strings.

Thanks for looking...

Sweet strums, Mike!

Dixie's got those skeeters and heat for half the year. Count your blessings!

Lovely stuff Mike. That Pono is beautiful and your playing was very sweet. Your wife has a lovely voice too.

Hmmm...the more I see and hear baritone ukes being played the more I'm falling for them.

A lovely rendition of "Chasing Rainbows". I can't recall ever hearing the verse before - Beautiful!

Thanks, everyone, for the nice comments. We have lot of fun playing out and we're actually making some money doing it, which really sweetens the deal!

Hmmm...the more I see and hear baritone ukes being played the more I'm falling for them

Jon, you should consider adding a baritone to you collection. But definitely try one out before you make a purchase. It does take some getting used to.

Mike

My wife looks fabulous (I don't think she sweats!)...
As the old, genteel line goes, horses sweat, men perspire, women glow... nice work, by the way.

Mike Kaplan what do you use for strings on your uke and how do you tune it?

Hey Huna,

I use Southcoast Linear strings tuned GCEA (low G tuning). I have tried a lot of strings sets in the past and I really love these strings. I have four performance Baritones and the Southcoast strings are loaded on all of them.

Thanks, Dirk, for producing such fine strings. The tensions are nice and barring is accessible even on a Pono with low profile frets.

Fantastic Job. Both of You. Keep it up. WOW !!!!!!!

Great videos! Love your wife's voice :D And great playing :D

Top Bottom