Favilla Baritone FS/Trade

Bdsnider

Reaction score
Favilla Baritone FS/Trade--New Price

Very nice Favilla Baritone. Recently gone over by luthier Stephen Brown at Acoustic North here in Belfast, Maine, who repaired a couple of top cracks and replaced a back brace. All the work was expertly done, and the uke is now in A-1 structural shape, beautifully set up (12th fret action: .012), and sounding great. Finish is crazed and missing in spots, but it still looks classy. Ebony strap button installed with leather grommet. Comes with new hard case. High-res photos on request. Price: $350 plus shipping, with 3-day approval period, or trade for Gibson UB-1 or nice vintage soprano.

Attachments

• P6300121.JPG
    P6300121.JPG
    48.7 KB · Views: 79
  • P6300120.JPG
    P6300120.JPG
    47.9 KB · Views: 55
  • P6300100.JPG
    P6300100.JPG
    61.4 KB · Views: 60
  • P6300112.JPG
    P6300112.JPG
    53.3 KB · Views: 59
  • P6300089.JPG
    P6300089.JPG
    64.2 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:
looks in great condition. I bought one on ebay that came damaged and am trying to resolve it.

Good luck with that, Strumsilly. In my experience, everything on ebay comes damaged.

Non-musicians often have a hard time accurately describing the condition of instruments.

Looks like a beauty. Do you happen to have a picture of the front of the headstock?

Thanks.

Thanks for asking, Bill. I'll post additional pictures later this evening when I get home.

Non-musicians often have a hard time accurately describing the condition of instruments.

Yeah, I've noticed lately, more and more non-music stores and non-musicians selling instruments on ebay, especially used ones.

More Favilla shots

Here are some more pictures.

Attachments

• P6300111.JPG
    P6300111.JPG
    57.4 KB · Views: 36
  • P6300095.JPG
    P6300095.JPG
    56 KB · Views: 55
  • P6300105.JPG
    P6300105.JPG
    49.5 KB · Views: 44
  • P6300088.JPG
    P6300088.JPG
    58.1 KB · Views: 40
looks in great condition. I bought one on ebay that came damaged and am trying to resolve it.

Hey strum silly, sorry to hear about the condition of yours. I'm glad I didn't go any further with my bidding on it. I still haven't received mine yet so I hope I have better luck with mine.

Bump for back-to-work baritonistas

Hope you had a nice holiday weekend. Favilla baritone still available.

Bump. Some inquiries about the Favilla, but no firm offers yet. It really is a nice baritone. Please send along any questions. I can post a sound file if anyone is interested.

Bump. Some inquiries about the Favilla, but no firm offers yet. It really is a nice baritone. Please send along any questions. I can post a sound file if anyone is interested.

Yes! A sound file would be great. I'm loving these baris.

I'm having a hard time attaching sound clips here. I'll be happy to email some to anyone interested.

I'm having a hard time attaching sound clips here. I'll be happy to email some to anyone interested.

Got the clips Bruce and this sounds great! Unfortunately I bought a DVI yesterday and tapped out my uke fund but I'm sure someone here will pick this up soon. So nice that you had it tuned up by a luthier before selling it. So many of these older ukes are sold without that so it's really a nice value-added bonus. Hope it finds a loving home soon!

Baritones are adaptable to a number of different tunings. I just got a GCEA string set from South Coast Ukes, so I can set this one up as a low-G super tenor if anyone's interested in that.

Bump. I see that one of these--with a crack and missing fretboard inlays--just sold for $270 on ebay.

Favilla baritone sold

Sold! Thanks to all who expressed interest.

Top Bottom