Lanikai NK-C : A good buy?

DreamerZz

Reaction score
I started playing only a couple days ago with a Lanikai 21C, but I decided I wanted something a bit better to hear what the hype is with solid ukuleles.

Does anyone know if the Lanikai NK-C is a good buy for the money? (around 330$) In terms of difference with the 21c will it be recognizable?

Haven't tried the Lanikai NK-C but keep an eye in our marketplace for deals..330 dollars goes a long way on a second hand instrument and a higher level uke..good luck...MM Stan

Since it has a solid koa top, the sound "should" be appreciably better than that 21c, but for $189 (oops, see below) you can get an "all" solid mahogany (way less pretty) Ohana concert.

For $200 to around $250 you can get some gorgeous all solid wood Mainlands, some of which in their own right, are just as pretty as that Lanikai. Check out Uke Republic and Mainland Ukes

Not real pretty, but a solid mahogany concert with a nice case for $140

Ohana CK-25 Concert Ukulele

Ohana CK-25 Concert Ukulele with case. - Excellent Condition! This Uke Comes in a new case. Plays and Sounds Great! Any questions please ask. Thanks! Description from Elderly: All Solid Wood Construction. Mahogany top, back, sides and neck, 19 fret rosewood fingerboard, rosewood bridge, bone nut and saddle, rosewood headstock overlay, black/white/black rosette, nickel friction pegs with white buttons, pearl dot inlays, matte finish, Aquila strings. The first photo is a stock photo, the others are of the actual uke. Thanks again.

Price: $140.00 Plus Shipping
Name: Jpe Mally
Telephone: Use Email
E-mail: joem6500-uke@yahoo.com
Posted On: 7/1/2011

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies.

I dont really care about the looks, just the sound that comes out :)

I hear that solid koa tends to sound far better than the cheap normal wood. Though, this is only koa top... so im not too sure how solid mahoghany would compare

Thanks for the replies.

I dont really care about the looks, just the sound that comes out :)

I hear that solid koa tends to sound far better than the cheap normal wood. Though, this is only koa top... so im not too sure how solid mahoghany would compare
Aloha DreamerZz,
Pssst....here's a coveted early model lanikai hawaii made koa at a steal price..or 230.00 in hawaii craigslist...getting kinda rare..http://honolulu.craigslist.org/oah/msg/2452844461.html
one of the best sounding lanikais made by Kanilea...one of hawaii's Big K 's....good luck...

Top Bottom