Pohaku Sound Clip

erivel

Reaction score
Inspired by the "good camera/microphone for recording uke videos" thread, I decided to experiment and made a short video of my new Pohaku tenor. I used my Canon SD1000 for the video and my Edirol R-09 for the audio. Never tried this before as I've only ever used the point and shoot camera to make a video. I edited in Movie Maker.

Let me know what you think. Thanks!

Great playing Eric! Love the Pohaku you've got. My Poha concert is one of my top players.

Thanks marymac! I see that your Pohaku is spruce/mahogany. How would you describe the sound. I might have Peter make me a custom tenor, still not sure which wood combo, but spruce/mahogany is one I'm considering.

Thanks marymac! I see that your Pohaku is spruce/mahogany. How would you describe the sound. I might have Peter make me a custom tenor, still not sure which wood combo, but spruce/mahogany is one I'm considering.

Try out the Art Deco Tenor he has at his shop. That's the same model I have - mahogany and spruce - but mine is a concert. It has a very rich sound. Lots of midtones, more than the harder woods have.

Try out the Art Deco Tenor he has at his shop. That's the same model I have - mahogany and spruce - but mine is a concert. It has a very rich sound. Lots of midtones, more than the harder woods have.

Ah yes the Art Deco, that's a beauty! I saw but didn't try it. His website states that it's Western Red Cedar top though.

Sorry - I didn't realize that the tenor had a different top. What woods is your Blondie made of?

It's single piece solid spruce top with big leaf curly maple back/sides/neck, and bird's eye maple fingerboard, bridge, and headplate. Not your traditional tone woods by any means, but that's what I love about Peter's work. It's beautiful to look at and it also plays and sounds terrific. A whole different world than the the Koa K's I used to own.

Aloha Eric,
nice uke and nice playing....on the bright clean traditional style sound...with the spruce top...you are right....on the other side of Koa's sound..

Top Bottom