How do I take care of my uke?

haolejohn

Reaction score
so I went to the beach this week. Is this the proper way to take care of my ukulele while at the beach?
261964_10150224694895208_593995207_7260259_690011_n.jpg

I guess if you want it to be super humidified.

Aloha Haole,
Don't know but looks like fun. You can always use it for a canoe paddle.hehehe

Holy Smokes John....nice picture....whatcha thinkin" ha ha........

i think I was thinking that a uke is an instrument that we can take virtually anywhere. They aren't babies. I spent an hour in the surf with that uke yesterday and never once did I come close to dropping it. I had a blast playing in the surf with my uke.

Moral of story: Guys and Gals, just play the uke. Don't b e afraid to play it...you never know what you might miss.

Right on bro, just don't do it with your Collings or vintage Martin (;-).

Im loving the attitude.

Eller -- you are a nut. (in a good way) Not gonna do that with my MB, though. Maybe my Flamingo.

Hilarious! What a great picture! And that's what it's all about-- making memories. :)

Crazy man! Notice its not the Sceptre, "crown bridge" Super Concert OR (God forbid), Nora's longneck soprano you are waving about! Should have been a Sailor Uke, though.

Enjoy John, I'll do that myself if I make it near a beach this summer sometime.

I'd just want to be sure I got all the "salt" residue off of it with a slightly dampened cleaning cloth, especially if there are any wound strings on it, and geared tuners. I live 1/2 mile from the ocean and get plenty of salt spray on my cars when breeze out of the East. Looks like you had a blast!

John, I noticed in all the photo's you posted on FB, you never once tried to use it as boat. Glad you kept it dry!!!!!!!!

John, I noticed in all the photo's you posted on FB, you never once tried to use it as boat. Glad you kept it dry!!!!!!!!

nah. I was probably not the smartest by taking it out but one can have fun with their uke outside the norm:)

Top Bottom