Daily Ukulele July 2nd 2011

joeybug

Reaction score
Good Afternoon Everyone :D

I decided to do something a little different today, because some people have asked me why I don't post videos of myself playing like Eugene and others do when they do a DU post, so, since I've had a while to practise, I'm going to record a video of today's DU song and post it, it won't be the inspiration...mostly because I doubt it could inspire anyone! I'll just add it to the post once it's done! It also gives me a chance to "show off" my latest video since it's been a while since I posted one here, though I have got a recent one at my blog..

Anyway!

Page: 163
Song: Moon River

Inspiration

Beautiful Video, nice and calm and nice to listen to!

Enjoy!

Get :music:

Here's my version which is with the chords from the book "The Daily Ukulele":

Nice performance, Joey! In an important way, I think it's more inspiring to see a player more at my own skill level tackling a new song than it is to see the polished performance of someone way better than I am. It's easy, when seeing someone with much more playing experience playing a song, to think, "Oh, I could never do that!" When someone at my own skill level navigates a song and plays it well, I think that maybe I can do that too.

Not to hijack your thread, but I can't seem to listen to "Moon River" without thinking of this scene from "Breakfast at Tiffany's."

This may be US-centric of me, but I'm hoping your randomizer picks out an appropriate song for wishing the US a happy birthday on July 4th. :)

Last edited:
Nice performance, Joey! In an important way, I think it's more inspiring to see a player more at my own skill level tackling a new song than it is to see the polished performance of someone way better than I am. It's easy, when seeing someone with much more playing experience playing a song, to think, "Oh, I could never do that!" When someone at my own skill level navigates a song and plays it well, I think that maybe I can do that too.

This is US-centric of me, but I'm hoping your randomizer picks out an appropriate song for wishing the US a happy birthday on July 4th. :)

Thanks for the comment, I was beginning to wonder if I should continue posting these as people don't seem to comment much, but I appreciate the response.

I may cheat on July 4th! ;)

Actually Joey I (and am sure others too) look at all your daily uke posts. I too was getting discouraged when you opted to posting others playing instead of yourself. You have come a long way are are doing wonderfully. I myself enjoy hearing you play.

Actually Joey I (and am sure others too) look at all your daily uke posts. I too was getting discouraged when you opted to posting others playing instead of yourself. You have come a long way are are doing wonderfully. I myself enjoy hearing you play.

Thank you, I shall try to post more videos of myself playing than just other people, maybe do it once a week or something because I just don't have time to keep up with the daily posting and recording a video myself, or time to learn it really...so thanks for the feedback!

Top Bottom