Stones in my passway - covered Robert Johnson

OLARN

Reaction score
Stones in my passway - cover Robert Johnson

This is a song requested by a friend of mine to do some delta blues from Robert Johnson. He asked if I can do 'Stones in my passway' with ukulele. Here it is!
This song I use low G in order to imitate a sound of open strings guitar and tuned up the strings as open A. From 4th-1st strings are E-A-C#-E (same as Robert Johnson original key) or you could just lower the 1st string to G becomes G-C-E-G as open C would be ok as well. Hope you enjoy it though!:cool:

Sorry about my English though, I'm not actually a singer. :p

Last edited:
This is awesome, dude! You don't see too many people doing Robert Johnson on uke.

how hard is it to learn to use a slide? i have two slides and they are quite confusing for me to learn how to use them

how hard is it to learn to use a slide? i have two slides and they are quite confusing for me to learn how to use them

You may start with your ring finger and try playing a single note on various frets position. Please remember to keep the slide over the frets and keep practicing. If you want to use the slide to play more like a chord, it needs to tune as open strings. Hope this would help.

Absolutely brilliant. My favourite bluesman, and on a uke! Thank you.

Wow! I am glad I stopped in to listen to that. The uke sounds wonderful. Love your playing

Wow! I am glad I stopped in to listen to that. The uke sounds wonderful. Love your playing

Thanks for watching. This is my first time playing blues with ukulele. ^__^ Hope I could do more with SRV.

Top Bottom