PDA

View Full Version : Black Bear Soprano

roxhum
07-02-2011, 10:27 AM
My Black Bear Soprano from Eugene Ukulele arrived at the United States Post office in my town this morning at 5:18 a.m.

I can't leave the house for fear they will try to deliver and won't leave it if I am not home. I am afraid to power wash the patio furniture and dogs houses in the back yard for fear of not hearing the knock at my door. If it doesn't come today they will try to deliver on Tuesday but I will be at work so will have to wait until until Wednesday before I can pick it up from the post office. Oh the torture of it all................

mm stan
07-02-2011, 10:46 AM
Aloha Roxhum,
Ah....the wait...shooots, I know the feeling.... kick your shoes off and pick up your kamaka pineapple and play away...it will be there soon...Happy Strummings..MM Stan

bbqribs
07-02-2011, 11:01 AM
It'll be worth the wait!

roxhum
07-02-2011, 12:07 PM
It's here........

mm stan
07-02-2011, 12:13 PM
Aloha Black Bear Uke Gal,
Weeee congtats...wow that ukulele has traveled some ways back and forth....the box took a beating....but I know Bruddah Eugene packs them very well...so give us the results....we are waiting..
stop teasing us...ha ha...anyways have fun and enjoy...Happy strummings..

NatalieS
07-02-2011, 12:14 PM
So glad it arrived-- now open the box and share some pictures!! :)

P.S. And hug your corgis for me :D

rem50
07-02-2011, 12:16 PM
I played one the other day at NC Uke academy. It was sweet sounding. If I didn't have a "sailor" on order I probably would have picked it up. I bet you are going to love it! Congratulations!

roxhum
07-02-2011, 12:33 PM
The Black Bear is getting acquainted with the rest of the family.

It doesn't look like my windows are going to get washed today.

mm stan
07-02-2011, 12:36 PM
Wow I am soo jealous...what a nice family collection...can I come over and play them....have fun and enjoy... Looks like a thousand bucks...Roxie...

roxhum
07-02-2011, 12:39 PM
Natalie, this one is for you!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]25234

Doc_J
07-02-2011, 01:01 PM
Hi Rox,

Congrats on the Black Bear koa soprano. Isn't the tone great? And the volume is more like a concert. Classic, elegant looks on those BB ukes!

Great pictures too. I didn't know Corgis played ukuleles. My 'pup' Rafael is more into percussion instruments :D

Hippie Dribble
07-02-2011, 01:42 PM
The Black Bear is getting acquainted with the rest of the family.

It doesn't look like my windows are going to get washed today.

hi Roxie

whew. Glad she arrived safe and sound mate. The waiting is the hardest part (for the seller as well as the buyer!). Hope you're really happy with the uke. Big sound, eh, but warm and rich too.

Pretty family you got there! Talk soon

jon

oh, washing windows...down here in backwater Birralee, we just let the rain do that buddy :p (I've never been accused of working too hard but I'm not taking any chances...he he)

NatalieS
07-02-2011, 02:24 PM
[ATTACH=CONFIG]25234

AHHH so cute! Cardis and soprano ukes go together so very well. :D

mds725
07-02-2011, 03:21 PM
Congratulations on your new ukulele! it looks great and seems to fit in very nicely with its new siblings. And isn't there something about there being peace on earth when dogs lie down with bears?

iDavid
07-02-2011, 03:27 PM
I got one also, and it is the best sounding soprano I have ever heard. I need to review it...

The volume and warmth are amazing and I hear it will get sweeter in a the next few week.

roxhum
07-02-2011, 04:32 PM
Here is the "whole" family. A ukulele for each of us

Hippie Dribble
07-02-2011, 04:37 PM

What a precious photograph. :love:

But how did you get those pooches to sit there on cue like that Roxie? We'll have to start referring to you as the 'Dog Whisperer' methinks! :)

roxhum
07-02-2011, 04:38 PM
Thank you all for your comments. I have been playing it non stop for the last 1 1/2 hours. Yes it is very warm and mellow, particularly for a soprano. I am very pleased with it.

DocJ, yes corgis can do anything they put their mind to, even play the ukulele.

Jon, thank you for the Black Bear, I love it! You wash windows like I wash cars.

Natalie, My corgis and honorary corgis say to tell your corgi's "Hey".

I love new uke day!

ADD
07-02-2011, 08:09 PM

Oh, Rox, just love pictures of your pups and their ukes. That Black Bear is beautiful. Hope to hear you play a tune or two on it soon. What are your pups' names?

joeybug
07-03-2011, 12:42 AM
Love the picture of the pups and the Ukes! Yay! Glad it arrived, waiting is the hardest part I think, I'm just about to refresh the USPS website to see where mine has got to!

roxhum
07-03-2011, 03:59 AM
Joey the worst part of the wait was USPS not giving enough info on the website. Ahhhhh, I thought it would never get out of customs! But then again the torture of the wait is part of the fun don't you think?

Jon the dogs are trained. The secret is to get smart dogs. But not too smart, the Poodle has done a pretty good job of training me.

ADD,doggie names:
Black and white Corgi is the Marvelous Morgan my old girl, she is turning 14 and deaf and a bit daffy in her old age.
Brown brindle Corgi is the Gallant Galen. He is a love with a loads of soul
Black corgi/aussie mutt, Toby the Terrible neurotic rescue dog, brilliant, rocks at agility
Poodle is Good Time Charley spoiled rotten, too smart for his own good, will do his first agility competition next month

Hippie Dribble
07-03-2011, 04:02 AM
The secret is to get smart dogs. But not too smart,

Ha Ha Ha! LOL!!! Aint it the truth. :p

Total Ukphoria
07-03-2011, 06:28 AM
I played one the other day at NC Uke academy. It was sweet sounding. If I didn't have a "sailor" on order I probably would have picked it up. I bet you are going to love it! Congratulations!

I played this same one at the NC Ukulele academy and DID pick it up-- it's amazing. I picked it over several K brands.

TheOnlyUkeThatMatters
07-03-2011, 06:34 AM
Congratulations, roxhum! Looks like the Black Bear fits right in with both your ukuleles and you pups, a great addition to the family!

joeybug
07-03-2011, 06:40 AM
Joey the worst part of the wait was USPS not giving enough info on the website. Ahhhhh, I thought it would never get out of customs! But then again the torture of the wait is part of the fun don't you think?

Yeah, it's fun to track and watch it move....still waiting to see if mine has moved at all, said it would email updates, but I haven't had any...ARGH!!!

Canoe Lady
07-03-2011, 07:10 AM
That's one great uke family you have there. The flea says hello, and it loves the campfires!

roxhum
07-03-2011, 07:15 AM
Joey, USPS never sent me any emails either.

Canoe Lady, So happy that the Flea has a happy home. Isn't it fun how these ukes travel between UU members finding just the right fit.

WhenDogsSing
07-03-2011, 07:16 AM
[ATTACH=CONFIG]25234

I love all dogs. My wife found a female Corgi mix laying out in the street in front of her Dad's house. She was obviously not well-taken care of and had fleas real bad. Somebody had dumped her off in the cemetery nearby and that is where she ended up. We took her in and cleaned her all up, had her spayed, shots and all that. Now she is one of our herd of dogs and is one of the sweetest dogs I've ever had. Corgis are truly a great breed of dog. Queen Elizabeth must have had Corgis when she was young. At least, she did in the movie "The King's Speech"".

Sorry to hijack the thread but I couldn't resist.

That's a sweet ukulele too. I bought a ukulele from Eugene too. He does do a great packing job...!!!

NatalieS
07-03-2011, 09:11 AM
For you Roxanne:

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa270/nksteckler/B21.jpg

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa270/nksteckler/007-4.jpg

pulelehua
07-03-2011, 09:26 AM
Really classy old school look. I like the larger upper bout. Sound clip soon?

rem50
07-03-2011, 10:39 AM
I played this same one at the NC Ukulele academy and DID pick it up-- it's amazing. I picked it over several K brands.

Were you the guy in there finding a uke for yourself and your wife? Are you in the wilmington area?

ADD
07-03-2011, 01:23 PM
For you Roxanne:

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa270/nksteckler/B21.jpg

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa270/nksteckler/007-4.jpg

Natalie, beautiful; two different Corgis or one trying to figure out what uke is "the one"? Name/Names? Definitely need a thread with pics of uke players' pets.

ADD
07-03-2011, 01:29 PM
Yeah, it's fun to track and watch it move....still waiting to see if mine has moved at all, said it would email updates, but I haven't had any...ARGH!!!

What uke is coming your way, Joey? Hope it gets there soon.

roxhum
07-03-2011, 02:04 PM
Natalie, beautiful; two different Corgis or one trying to figure out what uke is "the one"? Name/Names? Definitely need a thread with pics of uke players' pets.

OMG Natalie!!! I love it! What a beautiful Corgi. Ya know my old Corgi's used to have dark faces like that. I forgot and recently found an old picture and was shocked at how gray they have become. Thank you so much for sharing the pictures.
Yes ADD we should start a thread of dogs with ukuleles.

NatalieS
07-03-2011, 02:10 PM
That's just one of my corgis (I have two and my parents have another). Surprisingly, neither of those ukes were "the one"-- the pictures were both taken a while ago. I haven't yet gotten a pic of my dogs with "the one".

Roxhum, thanks for the compliment. My two twins just turned 6 and they're starting to get gray at the corners of their mouths. My parents' corgi, who is now 9, had a recessive graying gene and his face turned gray by the time he was 4! People at the park were saying, "Oh poor old boy" but we're like "He's 4!" LOL. He's now really gray, particularly in his ears and on his hind end. As a joke, we call him "Silvery moon" because of his rear end. ;)

There's an old "pets with ukulele" thread around here somewhere. I'll try to find it and link to it here.

ADD
07-03-2011, 03:08 PM
Natalie, that is one beautiful Corgi. Very photogenic. Could definitely be a model.