"Smiles" (for Jani)

H

Hippie Dribble

1917. lyrics J. Will Callahan. music Lee S. Roberts

a lovely tune from ye olden golden days of ukedom.

I got a new camera in the mail yesterday and this is my first bash at recording something with it. Hope you enjoy it gang.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Is0oeYKupWw

This is dedicated to my friend Jani, who never ceases to spin me out with her positive energy. 'Sparky' is the nickname I have for her as she has sparked my life up in amazing ways, more than she'd ever realise I reckon. She's awesome and a blessing: 'There are smiles that steal away the teardrops, as the sunbeams steal away the dew.' :)

What a nice happy tune. A lovely tune that certainly made your friend smile :)

Aloha Eugene,
Wow Wee that was well played and a delight to watch and hear..so good of you to dedicate it to your friend "Sparky" yes she does spark up everyones lives...Quite a really cool Gal...
I am sure you brought alot of happiness and smiles to her today...which brightened her day....Thanks for sharing...MM Stan

Aye- this sparked my life up for sure- amazing shot at it and I love the new cam...so clean-please divulge what it is (you will be a computer guy yet). Such a great old tune- thanks for posting it, and Sparky, thanks for inspiring it. Pure magic...
Sweet As

Love it Jon! I always favor happy songs. And the lyric, "There are smiles that steal away the teardrops, as the sunbeams steal away the dew" Love it!

Aloha, you're making folks smile all over the world. It's a beautiful setting...I liked seeing the same flowers we have in our yard, but they bloom in December here in upcountry Maui. Thanks for sharing this and all your other songs!

Thanks you guys. This is a special song for me . Sometimes we don't realise the impact we have on another's life and I guess the things that go unsaid just have to be said sometimes, eh. :)

Top Bottom