Banjo Ukulele Made in USA Earth Friendly/Tenor Size

Oh wow, I like the look of this, need to explore to see if they do a soprano one. I've been looking for a cheapie banjolele and was considering a mahalo one, shame shipping will be as much as the ukes for either of these lol. Hmmmm sorely tempted by this ! This and a sopranino and my uke family will be complete !

there are a few vendors of these. I called the factory. They also have ukuleles of the non banjo type

It's really a personal preference thing..many I've seen sold their aquisitions rather quite fast after....

Seems pretty simple to make one up at home really...but yeah, the zither pin tuners are going to get old fast

I have my doubts that it is made in the USA at that price. Especially seeing that it is drop shipped ("from the warehouse").

no I talked to the lady at the factory... they make all sorts of stuff there and I was just curious how loud the ukes got. They make them there at their factory in PA I think in a variety of styles. I never ordered one but you can call them and talk to them. You can probably even talk to the guy who makes them. The ukes are like two halfs put together. Made on a machine and hollowed out and put together.

I got to say. And if it's your thing, no offense. But, that is butt ugly. But, I am more of a traditional type, and like the classic looks of a banjo, so, no shocker I don't like it. But, the price is not bad to give it a shot.. But to me, it just looks like something cranked out to get some cash flowing, with not allot of thought going into the design of it. Kinda reminds me of something designed on the fly. But other than that, it's a fine looking "instrument" ;)

Last edited:
Aaah good to see the review. I liked the unusual look and of course the price, but want a short necked soprano and obviously sounds good !

Like Tudorp I love the traditional banjo style ukes, but the only one I tried was both heavy and quite expensive - but did look and sound awesome.

I have an autoharp tuner so those weren't really an issue for me, although I can see how they'd be a pain at string exchange time.

Ah well, sounded like a good idea for a little while lol.

Last edited:
I ordered one of the Zither Heaven banjo ukes and it's very interesting. The neck is a CNC machined one-piece, down to the tailpiece and the pot is also one piece, kerfed into shape. The fret "wires" are nylon and the zither pin tuners are a pain, but fit fine. I had a clock key from a cigar box kit that I have tied to the neck, so I don't lose it, but would like to figure out a way to put either friction or geared tuners on.
The sound is very "woody". It IS made of wood after all, even the head. It sounds a little like a Japanese koto to me, not that I've every played a koto! The intonation is pretty good up the neck. For the price, it's almost indestructible and doesn't sound half bad.
I plan to change the strings--Aquilas?--and the tuners, as mentioned, and keep it as my play uke for the car or office.
Also, being a member of the Ukulele Fight Club, it's really suited for use as a weapon!

Top Bottom