Got my first and second uke today

JamieNZ

Reaction score
My Ohana TK-20 Tenor and Kala travel soprano just arrived, delivered by a very uninterested courier.

I say just but it was over two hours ago, how time flies when you're having fun, but my fingers are now peeling so it's time for a break.

I bought them from Alistair's Music, in Wellington NZ, who were great to deal with.

I was stunned at the size of the soprano, so tiny, and such a heavy headstock, but I expected that from the reviews.
As I'm only now learning how to hold a uke now, I should be able to compensate for it quite easily.

It's suprising how easily it is to fit my fingers into the chord shapes, even on the soprano. Also having only 4 strings it's much easier to move chord shapes up and down the fretboard.

I was planning on getting the tenor low G strung, but they didn't have any sets on hand so they're going to send some when they get new stock.

Having a ball learning songs right now, and watching the Uke Minutes.

Jamie

Congratulations on the new Uke's. You are going to have a blast Learning. Just remember to give your fingers some rest.

Happy New Uke Day times Two! Enjoy those new Ukes and you'll soon be jamming away as if you'd been doing it for years! Congrats :D

Congrats. My suggestion is to replace the tuners on the soprano with friction tuners as soon as you feel comfortable doing it. It'll make a world of difference and a balanced uke is easier to get started on. Mainland ukulele sells deluxe friction tuners that will fit perfectly, if you can have them shipped from the US. It's a great little uke and it gets even better when you do the retrofit.

Have fun.

Aloha Jamie,
Congratulations on your 2 new purchases....have fun and enjoy..Happy Strummings..MM Stan
Could You have premature early stages of UAS...hmm Yes the ukulele is easy and a fun and enjoyable instrument...

happy uke day.....double the fun

sounds like a fantastic day!

TWO IN ONE DAY! WOO HOO! Double the pleasure double the fun.

Congrats! Has your Doctor cleared you to have some much fun?

Thanks for the replies everyone!
I kept meaning to reply sooner but everytime I come on these forums I get inspired and end up playing my ukes instead.

Been having a ball playing the ukes, both have been getting about equal playtime, tenor for extended playing sessions and travel for trying out new tabs I see on the forums.
I'll look into getting some friction tuners in the future, for now my girlfriend is making me a strap to take some of the weight off.

Top Bottom