What New Strings From the US?

Canuke

Reaction score
I am here in South Korea and can only get Aquila and Martin strings. My friend is visiting the States and can pick me up some uke strings. What do you recommend that I try on a Fluke or Greg Bennett that is readily available at a music store in LA or Chicago? Thanks.

Here are some ideas for nylon strings:

Ko'olau Mahana, Hilo and D'Addario.

And fluorocarbon strings:

Worth Clear, Worth Brown, Ko'olau Alohi, Fremont, and Orcas.

Good luck finding some sets that work for you!

Here are some ideas for nylon strings:

Ko'olau Mahana, Hilo and D'Addario.

And fluorocarbon strings:

Worth Clear, Worth Brown, Ko'olau Alohi, Fremont, and Orcas.

Good luck finding some sets that work for you!

Lots of good suggestions above, what kind of sound are you going for that Aquilas will not give you? Would help you with your choice.

I actually really like the sound of Aquilas, but would like to experiment a bit. I have heard of the Worth strings and wonder what kind of sound they would give. I have never tried fluorocarbon strings, so it would be cool to hear what they sound like. I like a bright, loud sound.

Try a YouTube search for something like "ukulele string comparison." I think many people have posted their own videos trying different strings on the same uke or on similar ukes.

Thanks everybody! I will get Worth Clears and a couple of others that you guys mentioned. By the way, are there usually a wide variety of uke strings available at US music shops? In Canada and Korea, the pickings are slim.

Top Bottom