Beansprout Maple "Kumalae" style Concert

H

Hippie Dribble

hi gang <SOLD><SOLD><SOLD>

another sweetheart of a uke that I'm offering up for sale today.

This one was hand made by Aaron Keim in April-May of this year, a Maple Beansprout Concert ukulele modelled after the peanut shaped Kumulae styled ukes from the early 20th century.

some specs:

Solid Maple top, back and sides.
Ebony fingerboard, bridge, heel graft.
Pearl headstock inlay.
Gotoh friction tuners
Hand rubbed oil finish
Worth flurocarbon strings
15 frets. 12 to the body.

Great intonation and easy playing action. Bright, clear voice and excellent projection. I've played it often since I bought it but am looking to sell a couple more ukuleles to fund the purchase of another.

There is not any sign of wear, strum marks, dings etc on the uke. it is as I received it.

Note: there are two small surface discolorations near where the neck joins the body (photographed) .These occured in the final stages of the build, where the maple flaked off. They have been filled, are smooth to the touch and have the same honey coloured finish as the neck. It is an aesthetic issue only.

Some photographs:

DSCF7176.jpgDSCF7177.jpgDSCF7173.jpgDSCF7171.jpg

I am also including a quality hardcase for shipping purposes.

I am asking $575 for the uke and case. This includes shipping and insurance to anywhere in the world.

Thanks for looking everyone. More pictures and sound and video samples to follow... :)

Last edited:
a couple of final shots, showing the finish blemishes I mentioned in the OP:

DSCF7178.jpgDSCF7179.jpg

If you have any questions, want additional pictures, please PM me.

Thanks again gang! :)

Aloha Eugene,
Holy Smokes...you are letting go your babies...that's a real nice price too...too bad my bank account is nill...shoots..MM Stan

Aloha Eugene,
Holy Smokes...you are letting go your babies...that's a real nice price too...too bad my bank account is nill...shoots..MM Stan

Ha ha mm Stan, like you "need" another ukulele....

Good luck on the sell Eugene. What are getting? The uke coming from Oregon or something else?

thanks for the observations you guys. Roxie, sure I'd like to sellt his one on, but like I said, the ones I have left now...I love them all and really only selling to get a little extra cash. If I don't sell this I won't be too unhappy. It's a sweetheart, curvy in all the right places, just like Eugenie....I digress

What are getting? The uke coming from Oregon or something else?

Yep, the one coming from Oregon and another that I've had on the Mya Moe build schedule for 6 months or so now.

Yeah strumsilly, she's a real beauty. I'm hoping there'll be some interest. It's a gorgeous little ukulele. :)

Thankyou for the enquiries and interest everybody. The ukulele is now sold.

Top Bottom