Instrumental - H.M. Blues (Slide Ukulele)

OLARN

Reaction score
H.M. Blues, the song was written by the King of Thailand long time ago. And this song is a very good example for all fingerstyle ukulele players to start with. My intention is to try this song with open strings slide ukulele. Please enjoy!
This song, I use KoAloha KTM-00 with low G, tune open strings (from 4th string - 1st string) E-A-C#-E :cool:

That was just great! For anyone who's played slide, or tried to play slide, will recognize how nice this playing is. I was impressed with the lack of fret noise.
I'm ready for another song! Thanks for sharing

That was great!

That was just great! For anyone who's played slide, or tried to play slide, will recognize how nice this playing is. I was impressed with the lack of fret noise.
I'm ready for another song! Thanks for sharing

Thanks for watching. I would give all good to his majesty the king of Thailand who wrote this tune. ^__^

Wow - that sounds amazing! I've been thinking about getting a steel string uke so I could raise the action on it and play slide uke. But maybe I don't need steel strings! Did you raise the string height on your uke at all to make it easier to play slide?

Wow - that sounds amazing! I've been thinking about getting a steel string uke so I could raise the action on it and play slide uke. But maybe I don't need steel strings! Did you raise the string height on your uke at all to make it easier to play slide?

Hi marymac, thanks for your comments. Actually I did file the saddle a bit lower (around 2 mm) from the original set up from the factory though. This way I need to control my left hand not to press the fretboard too heavy while using slide, but I could do other thing easier when not using slide too.

This was great! Glad to know the blues is alive and well in Thailand.

Most excellent. Dealing with a bit of the blues and this just made my day.

Top Bottom