The Best Place on Kauai to go Ukulele Shopping!

Craig

Reaction score
OMG, Craig! That place is incredible! I started drooling when I looked at the photo!

Did you get anything there?
Nope, we didn't buy anything other than a t-shirt and Beloff book. We're both very happy with our Ko'olaus. However, it's always fun to try out other ukuleles. Sam is truly a great guy. He and his family treated us as if we were family as well.

Hey Heather,

I checked out your YouTube site and really enjoy your music! My wife and I have been busy all summer recording two separate CDs and I haven't had it in me to start making videos for YouTube. Moreover, I'm pretty boring to watch.

Hey Heather,

I checked out your YouTube site and really enjoy your music! My wife and I have been busy all summer recording two separate CDs and I haven't had it in me to start making videos for YouTube. Moreover, I'm pretty boring to watch.

aw, thank you :)
i think i'm pretty boring to watch, too.
someday i plan on being entertaining. like max, if you've seen his videos.

so damn creative.
:)

Awesome pic! Sam tells us that a lot of people from UU stop by his store. How many of you have come to Kauai?

It's Larry's in Kapaa. Samuel (in the middle) has got a bunch of nice Kamakas (but no Ko'olaus), if that's what your looking for. Very laid back, nice shop and great vibe.
http://home.earthlink.net/~craigukulele/Larrys.jpg

Sam is awesome!!! I go and see him a couple of times a year when I'm on Kauai visiting my mom. When you visit, bring your ukulele, or better yet buy one from him, and ask him to teach you some stuff....he's really great about jammin' w folks who stop by!

Last time I was there I put him on the spot made him play so I could video him - I even got Aaron, who was w me, do the intro Aldrine style! He did a sweet version of tiny bubbles. Unfortunately HE didn't like his performance and made me promise that I wouldn't post it :( He did promise me that he would prepare something for me to tape for you all when I'm back in Dec. :)

aw, thank you :)
i think i'm pretty boring to watch, too.
someday i plan on being entertaining. like max, if you've seen his videos.

so damn creative.
:)

There's a lot less pressure to be visually creative when you're already quite pretty, though.

I've been wanting to start posting stuff on youtube, but with my ugly mug, I need to practice my Pete Townsend-style windmills and save up for a gorilla mask and a light-up guitar before I start. :p

I don't even know what I'd do if I was in a room with that many ukuleles.

...I'd probably embarrass myself somehow, though...

We try to go to Hanalei once a year. We also like to visit Kapaa.

Hopefully by the next time you come to Kauai, we'll have our Ukulele Underground office and you can come visit.

Hopefully by the next time you come to Kauai, we'll have our Ukulele Underground office and you can come visit.
That would be very cool! We're always looking for someone to jam with. I play mostly jazz and would really like to learn some Hawaiian music..... I'm already anxious for next summer.:)

Awesome pic! Sam tells us that a lot of people from UU stop by his store. How many of you have come to Kauai?

I've visited a few times with my family from England and am going back in 2010, I can't wait!

How many of you have come to Kauai?

I have! Picked up my Kamaka tenor from Scotty's music earlier this year. My grandparents live behind the KFC in Lihue on Jerves St.. We will be back July '09 for a family reunion.

There's a lot less pressure to be visually creative when you're already quite pretty, though.

I've been wanting to start posting stuff on youtube, but with my ugly mug, I need to practice my Pete Townsend-style windmills and save up for a gorilla mask and a light-up guitar before I start. :p

try thrift stores.
i just bought a bunch of starwars masks at a goodwill in folsom.
heck,
whats your mailing address?!
I'll send it your way, if it will get you to record some music !!!

:D

I have! Picked up my Kamaka tenor from Scotty's music earlier this year. My grandparents live behind the KFC in Lihue on Jerves St.. We will be back July '09 for a family reunion.

My auntie lives on Jerves, last name Lee. I will be visiting my mom in late July '09. We should plan a UU annual jam! My cousin works for Marriott and I can check on group rates for hotel. Who's in?!!!! I will HELP to plan and organize if enough folks are interested.

My auntie lives on Jerves, last name Lee. I will be visiting my mom in late July '09. We should plan a UU annual jam! My cousin works for Marriott and I can check on group rates for hotel. Who's in?!!!! I will HELP to plan and organize if enough folks are interested.

Sound great, I'd be in!

Top Bottom