PDA

View Full Version : eBay - banjo uke signed by May Singhi Breen

janeray1940
07-04-2011, 08:36 AM
This is pretty cool (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180690859639&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1123)! I'm not a banjo uke kind of girl, but if I was I'd probably be all over it :)

cb56
07-04-2011, 09:21 AM
Pretty cool! Wonder how it plays?
It says "approved" above her autograph.

zac987
07-04-2011, 10:01 AM
"She was so popular that P'Mico added an instrument to their ukulele line - the May Singhi Breen autographed model banjo uke."

I suppose she didn't ACTUALLY sign it :P

ksiegel
07-05-2011, 07:10 AM
Looks good - I bid on it.

-Kurt

janeray1940
07-05-2011, 07:21 AM
Looks good - I bid on it.

-Kurt

Sending you good bidding mojo :) I hope you're using a snipe service!

cb56
07-07-2011, 02:02 AM
Wow! went for $80 after shipping charges. Looks like someone got a good deal.

ksiegel
07-08-2011, 04:18 AM
Sending you good bidding mojo :) I hope you're using a snipe service!

Don't bid enough on Bay to use a snipe thingy... I missed the bid, because I was at work. I was the 2nd highest. Oh, well - like I needed another ukulele anyway...

okay, so I need another ukulele... That just wasn't the one.

-Kurt

joeybug
07-08-2011, 04:42 AM
Don't bid enough on Bay to use a snipe thingy... I missed the bid, because I was at work. I was the 2nd highest. Oh, well - like I needed another ukulele anyway...

okay, so I need another ukulele... That just wasn't the one.

-Kurt

Awww, I'm sorry, that sucks!

ksiegel
07-08-2011, 05:49 PM
Awww, I'm sorry, that sucks!

Thanks, Joey, but I really didn't need another banjo uke... well, not yet, anyway.

I'm waiting to see if I really like the Republic that Tudorp is setting up for me, and based on that will decide whether or not I need a [different] concert sized uke.

I've got a uke fund jar, and it is doing well - but I've played a couple of wonderful ukes lately, owned by others, that I would really love to have.

One was Gillian's Kamaka 6-string (Thanks again, Gillian!) and the other was a National Concert-sized Resophonic resonator ukulele, owned by Michael Eck, one of my local musicians. Either of them is more than double my monthly mortgage payment, used. But worth it.

So if I bid low when an instrument like this banjo uke shows, and don't win, it means that instead of buying a slice of bread, I'm saving my money to buy a bakery.

Or something like that. (g)

BTW, great job on the Daily Uke videos!

-Kurt