banjo Uke Mute....

cb56

Reaction score
Where do I get one like the guy is using at the start of this video. Not interested in the gold tone one, I'm looking for something that deadens the overtones a bit.

Mahalo Cb,
for passing along the great along the great link to all of us...Happy Strummings, MM Stan

I'm interested as well. That mute looks to be a lot more effective than the other alternatives.

I sent Paul Moore and email and also found him on facebook.
Maybe he'll respond. If he does I'll post his answer here

Get a synthetic sponge from any grocery/hardware store, something medium density.Use scissors to cut a section about 1.5" x 1.5" along the length. Push it under the skin but wedged over the support rod inside. Turn it different ways to get different effects. If your banjo uke has a closed back, you can cut a smaller piece to sit behind the bridge under the strings that attach to the tail piece.

Just loved that video of the guys from the Melbourne Uke fest! Awesome. Thanks cb.

I'm interested as well. That mute looks to be a lot more effective than the other alternatives.

I hope Paul Moore responds. It does appear to be a better solution to any I've tried.

Here's Paul's reply.
Paul Moore:
Chris, I bought that mute in 1977 , i think they no longer make them but it is very easy to make one .
i will do a u tube vid very soon promise!

I'll send him the tone enhancer link and see if he thinks it's the same thing.

If none of the suggestions so far work, this will...

2yx20j5.jpg

Top Bottom