Wtb banjo ukulele

strumsilly

Reaction score
Looking for a good playing banjo ukulele. would prefer a used concert or tenor scale and a case, but others may be considered.

saw Eddy finns on ebay for $299. how are they? or Gold tone open back for $289
also saw some Slingerland vintage tenors set up as ukes? is the Eddy Finn EF-BU2 a concert?

Last edited:
check out ukeeku's reviews of the lanikai and eddie finn but those are sopranos he is reviewing. I sorta like the looks of the Rally Soprano that I saw on ebay. I have the Baritone Gold Tone and it seems pretty good. I think in this line of gold tone like mine, they just change the necks. Then Gold Tone has their higher end soprano now and I think its a lot like the rally. This baritone is deep sounding like a bluegrass banjo. It must be all the neck though because like I said, the body is the same between them.

On eBay, look for Slingerland May-Bells and Stromberg-Voisinets with little rust and no missing parts. They're the best cheaper vintage BUs for a good value. I would only go to around $120-140 or less on May-Bells and $150-170 on the SVs (depending on the models, of course). If you're interested in newer BUs, I'd go for an Eddy Finn concert as it seems to be the best value on an all out resonator BU.

Last edited:
I've got a brand new Gold Tone for sale. Check the thread in my sig.
S.

also saw some Slingerland vintage tenors set up as ukes? is the Eddy Finn EF-BU2 a concert?

Hey strum silly I'm the high bidder on the slinger land banjo/uke. I'm kind of hoping I get outbid. As for the Eddie fin I would think if it were a good price someone would buy it now and that hasn't happened and it has been relisted several times.

Hey strum silly I'm the high bidder on the slinger land banjo/uke. I'm kind of hoping I get outbid. As for the Eddie fin I would think if it were a good price someone would buy it now and that hasn't happened and it has been relisted several times.

I have a Morgan Monroe banjolele (M&M is now Eddie Finn) and it is a fine banjolele. Not too heavy, good and solid. Not overpoweringly loud but it has a nice bite.

I have a Morgan Monroe banjolele (M&M is now Eddie Finn) and it is a fine banjolele. Not too heavy, good and solid. Not overpoweringly loud but it has a nice bite.

that's pretty much what I've decided on, either a EF-BU-2 OR 2F. DO YOU THINK THE 2-F IS WORTH THE EXTRA MONEY? probably would be louder but heavier, and the bu-2 is probably plenty loud enough.

ended up buying a Gold Tone tenor. Amazon had a great price and as soon as I bought it the price jumped up $70. There seemed to be only 1 at that price. this is their vintage brown, BUT, which is cheaper than their higher priced line.will post review when it arrives.

Very nice! I like the old-time openback banjo sound of Tenor Banjo-ukes. Enjoy, I think BUs are the best.

It came today, in a really nice HSC. The set up has to be tweaked a bit, but got it up to tune and it sounds great, if you like the banjo sound that is, which I really do for certain songs. The finish is boring but not bad for the price. Neck feels good and frets are fine. might take the back off to see how it sounds neked. This has the small diameter back, same size as hoop. will post picts and review when I get time. Oh, the Harmony baritone was waiting too, has a bad side crack and the action is way too high, and no room to take it down without shaving some of the bridge off, so thats going to be a project. I hope I can get the skinny saddle out without damaging it. suggestions?

Last edited:

Tough to beat that GoldTone for $289. Eddie Finn not in GoldTone's league from what I understand.

Top Bottom