Anyone seen/played an Ibanez Talman Uke?

PhilUSAFRet

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
Just wondered if anyone has seen or played one of these. They are supposedly out, but none in my area. All laminate, so I'm not sure how great they could be unplugged...mainly interested in plugged.

I am anxious to see one. They look nice in the online stores. In the flesh, so to speak, I don't know if the supply is good enough yet to make it into my neighborhood. I do not expect much sonically (played in acoustic-mode). I want to try one "plugged" to hear it.

We have one in our store. Truth be told, I haven't picked it up and played it yet. I have been pretty unimpressed by Ibanez ukes and I find the Talman to be a little ugly...just haven't had the motivation to try it out. I'll check it out while I'm at work today though and give my impressions.

We have one in our store. Truth be told, I haven't picked it up and played it yet. I have been pretty unimpressed by Ibanez ukes and I find the Talman to be a little ugly...just haven't had the motivation to try it out. I'll check it out while I'm at work today though and give my impressions.

Thanks, remember, one man's "ugly" is another man's funky and cool! LOL

Thanks, remember, one man's "ugly" is another man's funky and cool! LOL

We were really short handed today (someone quit and another employee broke his wrist last night so he didn't come in) so I didn't get a chance to pick it up and try it. Sorry!!! You're completely right..."beauty is in the eye of the beholder" but I just can't get over the looks of it. I feel the same way about the Talman guitars but one of my coworkers bought one the other day because she loved the looks.

We were really short handed today (someone quit and another employee broke his wrist last night so he didn't come in) so I didn't get a chance to pick it up and try it. Sorry!!! You're completely right..."beauty is in the eye of the beholder" but I just can't get over the looks of it. I feel the same way about the Talman guitars but one of my coworkers bought one the other day because she loved the looks.

If it sounds too bad, I may have to go back to coveting that Kala solid mahogany concert cutaway with eq (and that tortoise binding I love so much)

Top Bottom