Excuse me while I do a little dance!!!

joeybug

Reaction score
Okay, so I've been watching the UU+ videos and doing UUU 101 through it, and a few weeks back it was the "chunking" and "finger roll" class, and I tried, and could do only the 5 finger roll, mostly because that's how I learnt to strum in the beginning, but I couldn't nail the chunk...

I JUST DID!!!

I'm actually moving up in my Ukulele playing, it feel sooo good!!! I'm in the middle of recording DU videos and was having a break and decided to mute the strings and try again and when I let go of the fretboard it was still quiet, it was a proper CHUNK!!! YAY!!! SO EXCITED :D:D

Okay, I'll go back into my corner now and continue recording the last video for this week's DU :D

Just had to share!

Joey

Hey Joey. So nice when you get past old barriers. Shucks...hasn't happened to me for awhile...feeling very stagnant...but inspiring to read of other people's progress. Cheers mate for sharing the joy. I'm doing a lil *Snoopy dance* on your behalf. Thankfully Eugenie's in bed otherwise she would have medicated me...

Joey awesome for you!! I know how good you feel. The UU plus videos are great! Keep it up!

Thanks, Carrie! I LOVE UU+ Aldrine is a GREAT teacher, just waiting for Week 6 to come up on the site and I'll do that one too...well worth the $15!!

Hey Joey. So nice when you get past old barriers. Shucks...hasn't happened to me for awhile...feeling very stagnant...but inspiring to read of other people's progress. Cheers mate for sharing the joy. I'm doing a lil *Snoopy dance* on your behalf. Thankfully Eugenie's in bed otherwise she would have medicated me...

Thanks Eugene! I'd hit that stagnant part, and then I paid for UU+ and now I seem to be going along in leaps and bounds, well maybe not that good, but you know what I mean. Thanks for the dance, my wheelchair battery is low so not much dancing is happening despite me wanting it to!

Hey JBug.. Glad to hear of your progress.. Keep it up.. And take a video of that dance.. ;)

Thanks, Carrie! I LOVE UU+ Aldrine is a GREAT teacher, just waiting for Week 6 to come up on the site and I'll do that one too...well worth the $15!!

Joey..just sneak into the first few sessions of UUU 102. I think you will find them helpful as well. I have finished up all the 102 lessons that they have up at the moment and am waiting for more too. Or jump in and do the first theory ones... they should be good too.

Hey JBug.. Glad to hear of your progress.. Keep it up.. And take a video of that dance.. ;)

I did record a Vlog for my blog of me all excited, could be persuaded to post it here!

Joey..just sneak into the first few sessions of UUU 102. I think you will find them helpful as well. I have finished up all the 102 lessons that they have up at the moment and am waiting for more too. Or jump in and do the first theory ones... they should be good too.

I might do that actually, didn't want to get ahead of myself, but it's an idea while I wait for the rest of 101 to be uploaded/released!

Congrats! I learned to do tripletts by accident, but I'm still working on that roll. I blame my thin, thin nails. Guess I haven't practiced it enough. Way to do Joey.

Congrats Joey! That is huge. I am in chuck denial myself thinking it is too too hard. Listening to you and Carrie I think I need to fork out the $'s and take the UU classes. Not until fall though when the rains come and I am in the house more.

Congrats Joey! That is huge. I am in chuck denial myself thinking it is too too hard. Listening to you and Carrie I think I need to fork out the $'s and take the UU classes. Not until fall though when the rains come and I am in the house more.

It is SO worth the money, but yes wait till you have the time, you'll be glued to learning and hopefully more of the classes will have been posted by then too!

Congrats! I learned to do tripletts by accident, but I'm still working on that roll. I blame my thin, thin nails. Guess I haven't practiced it enough. Way to do Joey.

Triplets I haven't tried yet, maybe in a higher class on UUU, but I'm so pleased that 5 out of 10 times I can do a chunk, obviously it needs to get up to 10 out of 10, but for now I'm just happy I can do it!

I love to hear good news! Congrats on your progress. Soon you will be chunking without even thinking.
Joe

Awesome.. Glad to see ya smiling. You have a great infectious smile woman... ;)

That was great to hear. I think that's what really keeps us going, learning new things!

Top Bottom