what pineapple should i get?

DustyElmer

Reaction score
aloha! i just played a bunch of gigs this weekend, and i have about $160 to spend on a new uke! i'd like a pineapple with friction pegs. any suggestions as to what one to get?

i like the pineapple from mainland

I have a mango pineapple from Mainland that I love.

Last edited:
The Kamoas are laminate, the Mainlands are solid if that makes a difference. I have a Mainland cedar/rosewood and love it but its a bit more than $160. Their solid mahogany pineapple is around $180 while the solid mahogany Ohana Pineapple comes in at around $150.

I have an Ohana solid mahogany pineapple. It has the "crown" head, friction tuners (which you want) and has a very nice sound, plays easily, etc. I am not that experienced, but would recommend it - for approx. $150 seems like a good buy (I got mine used). Good luck with the search.

aloha! i just played a bunch of gigs this weekend, and i have about $160 to spend on a new uke! i'd like a pineapple with friction pegs. any suggestions as to what one to get?

It looks like you don't charge enough for your gigs.....
I got a pineapple from Hawaii.....it was delicious....

I've seen new Ohana pineapples for as low as $123. Those are nice ukuleles.

Be patient, look around, and find a nice, solid uke for your money. (Or save a few bucks and get the Kamoa. They're nice, too.)

I have the Ohana PK-25G, got it from Mike at Uke Republic. Sounds great and looks cool. I really like the crown headstock, high gloss and the way the fret board ends. I would definitely recommend it.

attachment.php

The Kamoas are laminate, the Mainlands are solid if that makes a difference. I have a Mainland cedar/rosewood and love it but its a bit more than $160. Their solid mahogany pineapple is around $180 while the solid mahogany Ohana Pineapple comes in at around $150.

Yeah, but that Kamoa "laminate" sounds amazing and can be had fr $109 with free shipping.

PS: If you have the money, look at the Mele Concert pineapple!

Last edited:
Top Bottom