Pompulele.

JoeC

Reaction score
Anyone going? lol

For those who don't know, Pompulele is a ukulele festival, right where I live, here in Portsmouth, England.

So yeah, I'm thinking of going :) It's on August 27.

how close to fareham are you? I may pay some friends a visit.

Anyone going? lol

For those who don't know, Pompulele is a ukulele festival, right where I live, here in Portsmouth, England.

So yeah, I'm thinking of going :) It's on August 27.

Is that like 'Pomp and Ceremony'..?

I come form the UK myself so a joke at ourselves, although more details would be good,

Chris

Im in UK so i will come along but didnt know about it till now.

Pompulele

Hi Folks,

This is Musicroom Portsmouth, The Music Store which is proudly sponsoring The Pompulele Fest which falls on the 26th/27th/28th of August.

Just thought I'd let you know the line up so far!

Friday Day: FREE workshop with Steven Sproat at Musicroom Portsmouth .

Friday Night: £3 Entrance fee for Steven Sproat plus support at 'The Edge of The Wedge' Albert Road.

Saturday Day: £3 Entrance fee for the Ukathon plus guest performances at Trinity Church, Albert Road, Southsea.

Saturday Night: FREE entrance for our Headlining event
'The Anything Goes Orchestra' plus support from 'Q-Ukulele' and 'The Pompey Pluckers' at The Phoenix Pub, Duncan Road, Southsea.

Sunday Day: FREE Ukulele busking on the Southsea Promenade.

Sunday Night: £3 Entrance fee for the 'Tongues and Grooves' event at The Florence Arms, Southsea. Music from The Pompey Pluckers. 8pm - 10.30pm

Tickets are available from Musicroom in Portsmouth 02392 863792 and the Edge of the Wedge.

Is that like 'Pomp and Ceremony'..?
I used to live near Porstmouth and most of my family live near there too, the slang term for Portsmouth is Pompy, so I guess thats where the name of the festival comes from.

Top Bottom