Hi from Berlin!

MisterRios

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I had been looking at ukuleles since January, but it wasn't until I discovered the Pineapples that I really took an interest in learning how to play. Most of it was also that I've always considered myself "tone deaf" and unmusical/unrhythmic.

Playing for just under two weeks has changed all that, and I'm slowly but surely training myself. I can play chords, and it's super, super exciting, but the best thing is finally understanding what a metronome is all about (so that's how I can stay in rhythm!).

Thanks for what I've already gotten from this site, and thanks in advance for all that I have yet to learn!

Welcome to UU and its great to hear your having so much fun with your uke.

Wilkommen to the UU!! Glad you joined! There are a lot of GREAT people here willing to help you in your journey!!!

hallo! Grüße aus Hannover! welcome to UU, glad the ukulele has treated you well thus far!

Welcome and enjoy! I lived in Berlin as a kid and still is one of my favorite cities. Can't wait to get back a visit. I know a lot has changed...

Welcome to UU!!! We are so glad you came. You know I had very little musical experience and none since I was kid and I am grandma now. I started the accordion 3+ year ago and the uke one year ago and it has been so much fun. I find I hear music differently than I used to. I notice arrangements now and the use of different instruments and I like to try to identify what I am listening to. Such an adventure. Welcome.
What pineapple did you get?

Aloha Rios,
Welcome to the UU and our forums as an active member...ha ha no more lurking...Have fun and enjoy....Google Musicteacher2010 and Paxukulele for ukulele video tutorials and Dr Uke for songs,
chords and instructions,...Happy Strummings..MM Stan

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. I actually checked out Uncle Rod's Boot Camp today, and spent about an hour twisting my fingers into unnatural positions. (And I thought E7 was hard!). Resting them now by practicing my C chord.

It's a lot of hard work, but it's also extremely rewarding!

Aloha & Welcome to the UU and our Forums! You've come to the best site all things ukulele! I see that you're already "Hooked" on playing the uke and having lots and lots of fun! That's awesome! Keep us posted on your progress and PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE!!! Hope to see you around the Forums.

Top Bottom