Pro Arte question

if the gauge is the same along with the diameter of the strings, then yes. i did replace one of my pro arte C strings that snapped with a d'addario single of the same gauge and i haven't had any problems with it affecting tone or the construction of my uke.

If I bought Pro-Arte guitar singles in the same gauges, would I be getting the same strings?

No.

But if you asked the question, "If I bought Pro Arte guitar singles in the same series (stock number), would I be getting the same strings? Then the answer would be yes. In your case, you'd be ordering the J45's, clear nylon. You'll find the J49's are the same gauge, but different composition.

If you searched just for gauges, you may find you'll end up with different tension strings (or worse, different compositions), which may not be a bad thing if that's what you're looking for (I tend to mix different tensions, specifically on my 6-string `ukulele).

Also, one great thing about the Pro Arte series is that D'Addario makes a lot of different tensions strings, in different compositions.

-Aaron

totally forgot to address the tension issue. good save on that one aaron.

Top Bottom