PDA

View Full Version : Black lava tenor Fluke review

kaizersoza
07-06-2011, 08:03 AM
I have just received my brand spanking new black lava tenor fluke, i bought it from the southern ukulele store in the UK, fast delivery ordered on monday night arrived this morning in perfect condition,
i have been strumming on a makala dolphin now for the last 3 weeks and i love that little uke, but i have fallen hook line and sinker for this sleek sexy fluke, it came complete with aquila's and the sound resonates beautifully, i am not used to the bigger neck and frets yet but i can fit my rather large hands comfortably on most of the chords though some are also a bit of a stretch, i am well happy with my new uke coz you can also tap away at the back and even that has a nice sound, it also comes with a rugged little padded gig bag,
when i ordered it, i was originally after a concert size, i panicked a bit but after playing it there is no drama, i find it easier to play than the dolphin, BANG TIDY!!!!!!

Mandarb
07-06-2011, 08:06 AM
Glad to hear you are enjoying your fluke.

SailingUke
07-06-2011, 08:13 AM
I have a Fluke tenor (abstract), I just put some Orcas Low G on it and it is awesome.
The Orcas are black and would probably look killer on your black lava Fluke.

Huna
07-06-2011, 08:32 AM
black strings would be sorta invisible wouldn't they?

molokinirum
07-06-2011, 11:40 AM
Congrats on your new uke!! Any pictures??????

mm stan
07-06-2011, 02:38 PM
Congrats on your new fluke...I just got one again too..they are fun to play...and the thick neck...I over look that because it is so fun...I tried adjusted tunings on it and it sings now..MMStan
Happy Strummings....

telebob
07-06-2011, 02:53 PM
Flukes are great....

I sold my mango fluke last summer... it was my first ukulele... but I still have a koa Fluke with rosewood fretboard and electronics... I love 'em...

I know you'll enjoy the lava Fluke... black strings would be CooL... :cool:

Leigh Coates
07-06-2011, 06:43 PM
That would be the whole point.

kaizersoza
07-08-2011, 05:22 AM
yo guys i have been strumming the LOVE GOD now for a few days and it just gets better an better, i am also getting used to th fret/neck size, the idea about the black strings sounds pukka and i am definitely goin to invest in some, i'll try and post some pics soon, still ticklin th dolphins strings as well coz i don't want to leave her out, the sound on this uke is outstandingly loud with a resonance that seems to go on for ever even harplike, even though the price was 170, i am sooo chuffed with it,
catch u soon guys
kaizer

kaizersoza
08-04-2011, 03:54 PM
some pics of my beloved fluke

kaizersoza
08-13-2011, 03:44 PM
my fluke is now about 6 weeks old, and i must admit it is still my favourite out of my uke family, i love the sound it resonates, the action is quite low when i compare it to the action on my other ukes, but there is hardly any buzz coming from the strings and the slight buzz i do get is down to my bad fretting i am now used to the frets being so big and they actually make playing my soprano ukes easier, its been camping in scotland with me for 2 weeks and i take it to work and out when i go hiking around the welsh mountains, it is always more or less in tune and is bullet proof, i am sooo glad i bought this uke and would recommend 1 to anyone because they are just so funky and robust, buy 1 you won't be disappointed

bazmaz
08-17-2011, 12:07 AM
Great ukes. Have always wanted one in black too.

France
08-17-2011, 01:48 AM
Ooooh it looks all stealth bombery and dangerous. Very cool.

kaizersoza
08-17-2011, 01:20 PM
little do you know bazmaz that it was the fluke review on your blog that finally convinced me to part with the cash, but there was a certain dark side to the lava black that brought out my dark side, @France, thats a great way to describe it France, love it, it is dangerous and it is all stealth bombery

delray48209
08-20-2011, 12:17 PM

I have a Lava (black) Fluke with black Hilo strings and it's not a problem.