Peavey AmpKit LiNK or AmpliTube iRig + ukulele

JaimeFreitas

Reaction score
Hi ladies and gents! Anyone ever tried this combo? I wonder how it would sound like with all those options :D

I've got an iRig and while I've never used it for uke (or any acoustic instrument) I did not find it satisfactory with my guitar. It's pretty noisy, for some reason. The ampkit dongle is an active device and should sound cleaner but I steered away from that one at the recommendation of some friends who said the build quality wasn't great.

The device I've been keeping my eye on for this kind of thing is the Apogee Jam. It's been "about to ship soon" for a while now, current estimates are 7/29 ship date, but who knows. It's more expensive, but Apogee makes quality products.

I do like the Amplitube software, though any of the software should work with any of the devices, including Garage Band.

Has anyone purchased the Apogee Jam kit yet and tried it out? I am primarily going to be using it with garage band and my eleuke and wondered if anyone else had done that yet.

I have an Apogee Jam. It works well with ukes and GarageBand on both mac and iPad. It's more expensive than the adapters that plug into the headphone jack on the iPad, but it is a digital interface. It sounds much better than anything else I've tried with the iPad or iPhone.

Top Bottom