Super noobie

Duke Uke Um

Reaction score
Hello,

Super newbie here. I just bought my first uke last night, a Fender and Love it. I play bass in a band ,guitar at home and write songs. I have been into music on and off all my life of close to 50 years. In the last 10years music has been all I do besides family and work. :D I have wanted a uke for some time and am proud to say I am a uker!

Welcome Uker! You will find this to be a wonderful friendly and generous community. I bet you can teach all of us a thing or two about playing. I got my first uke 11 months ago and it was my first string instrument. It has been slow going but enriching. Welcome and congrats on your Fender Ukulele

Love the name. Make sure to checkout the regional get togethers. I know there are some uke peeps in OH. Also make sure to make plans to com to the Ukulele World Congress the first weekend in june.
Keep spreading the uke love

Aloha & Welcome to the UU and our Forums! Congrats on your new Fender uke! You will pick up playing pretty quickly because of your musical background. You've come to the right place. The UU and our Forums have just about everything pertaining to the uke. We're all one big "OHANA" (FAMILY) here @ the UU. I'm sure you will make many new friends in no time. I look forward to seeing you around the Forums.

Welcome to our forums and congrats on your first uke! Awesome!
See you around the forums. Have fun learning to play!

Welcome! Look forward to seeing you "around the forums"

Aloha Duke Uke Um,
Welcome to the UU and our forums..and the Ukulele...congratulations on you new Fender...have fun and enjoy both...google Musicteacher2010 and Paxukulele for awesome ukulele video tutorials and
Dr Uke for songs chords and instructions..Happy Strummings..MM Stan

Thanks all a kindly bunch here..I like that. The uke is allot of fun and getting my fat fingers to work will take a tad bit of time but I have played a few songs already. Can't wait to pick up my bass for this weekends gig, It will look HUGE!! :rotfl:

Is "Duke Uke Um" a play on dwight yokum????? Welcome to the forum. Used to live in Parma, OH myself.

No its a video game, Duke Nuke Em. I played it years ago and I think its still out. Love Dwight BTW.

"No its a video game, Duke Nuke Em"

Popular game, that one, He He! Welcome to the UU! Remember we all (or is it each) were super noobs once too.

Top Bottom