Ukulele Underground in the Pacific Northwest! (Washington, Oregon, NorCal)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aldrine Guerrero

Ukulele Underground Staff
Reaction score
In a tiny rock in the middle of the sea :D

Current Schedule:
Oct. 7-8 (Fri/Sat) – EUGENE, OR. UKEtoberfest! Aldrine will be around all day on both days, playing and holding workshops during the festival, so find us and hang out! Buy your tickets at http://uketoberfest.com/ (Eugene Faith Center, 1410 West 13th Avenue, Eugene, OR 97402)

Oct. 11 (Tue) – BEND, OR. The Sound Garden! Aldrine will be teaching a workshop (6pm) and playing a live concert (7:30pm) at the Sound Garden Studio in Bend. (The Sound Garden, 1279 NE 2nd St., Bend, OR 97701)

Oct. 14 (Fri) – SEATTLE, WA. Dusty Strings! Aldrine will be doing two workshops at the Dusty Strings Store / Music School. Beginner Workshop 1-3pm, Intermediate/Advanced Workshop 3:30-5:30pm. Both workshops will be followed by a mini jam/concert! Check out http://dustystrings.com/ for more info! (Dusty Strings, 3406 Fremont Avenue North, Seattle, WA 98103-8812)

Oct. 16 (Sun) – TACOMA, WA. Ukulele Ohana! Aldrine will doing a workshop at Queen’s Closet in Lakewood from 4-5pm ($15). Then we’ll all be heading over to the Lakewood Elks Club Lodge for a Live Performance at 7pm ($18) (Elks Lodge, 6313 75th Street West, Tacoma, WA 98499-8369)

Oct. 17 (Mon) – TACOMA, WA. Monday Ukulele Ohana Meetup! Aldrine will be hanging out with the Monday Ukulele Ohana for their regular meetup at Queen’s Closet at 5:30pm! (Queen's Closet, 9614 40th Avenue Southwest, Lakewood, WA 98499-4302)

Aloha everyone!

We're starting to plan out our yearly tour and this year we decided to broaden our horizons and make our way up north. So anyone in the Oregon and Washington states, prepare yourself for UU!

This thread is simply to get some ideas from the local folks from those areas as far as where to do a show or have a workshop. Any nearby uke clubs that wanna host a night of UU? Venues in general. We know there's a bunch of you in that area! Help us come out to see you :D

The goal is to come during the month of October. So post your ideas and thought on this thread and let's make it happen!

Last edited:
Nice I'm from the aina and moved to seattle.. Can't wait!

I learned a lot from you! I'm living up in Washington, you should stop by the Lacey/Olympia area!!

Would you consider making a trip to Vancouver, BC?? We have a thriving ukulele community. I"m sure we could set up something if you're interested. If you're able to come up, I could set the wheels in motion and find a workshop space and time for you. Also, I could find a place for you to perform if you want to. Please let me know what you would require.

The Vancouver Ukulele Circle has a large membership. I'm sure we could set aside a special UU evening if that's what you want.

These are probably on the top of your NorCal Bay Area list but I'd suggest the Santa Cruz Ukulele Club of course and Mike DaSilva's shop. Also SUPA or Dusty Strings in Seattle.

Dusty strings definitely and I'll try and contact the SUPA to see what their schedule is like. NorCal is still up in the air but it's always nice to play at Mike's

Would you consider making a trip to Vancouver, BC?? We have a thriving ukulele community. I"m sure we could set up something if you're interested. If you're able to come up, I could set the wheels in motion and find a workshop space and time for you. Also, I could find a place for you to perform if you want to. Please let me know what you would require.

The Vancouver Ukulele Circle has a large membership. I'm sure we could set aside a special UU evening if that's what you want.

Dude I'd love to go to Canada! I'll run it by the guys and see if it'll be possible :D

Hey Aldrine,

Check ( seattleukulele.org ) and contact John Leder at supafb@q.com.

John is our Chairman of the Board and we have a monthly site (Phinney Neighborhood)
which can easily host a UU event.

Hope to see you in Oct, and even sooner at the Uke Fest at Kapiolani park on the 17th!

Keep uke'in',

Oh, and bring UU stickers!

What you mean NorCal still in da air! Always been a ritual . . .

Sounds like fun! One day I will be State-side and manage to catch you all in person, live and everything!

You should come to the hot and dry east side.
Come to Kennewick, WA. And come to Ted Brown music. Then do a show at Tagaris Winery.

In NORCAL, what about the Cue in Concord? Patrick Landeza has been hosting some great Hawaiian performer these past few months. Lots of slack key and ukulele acts. Usually at least one, sometimes more, each month. The venue holds about 100+, and is a great place to catch a show.

His website is http://www.landezapresents.com/

I second a visit to NCal and the Cue. Would love to see you in the 925 Aldrine!

I seem to recall knowing someone that lives in Portland....hmmm.....trying to remember...damn....I'm wasted.

Aldrine we definitely need to get you somewhere in the Tacoma/Olympia area. I know folks from 2 groups there Monday Ukulele Ohana and OLUPA. There is a lot of interest and we can make it happen. Let me make some contacts and we'll get back to you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom