A little 19th century craziness...

OldePhart

Reaction score
This old song was written about 1880, though some believe it is derived from an even earlier song. At least two different people have been credited with the song.

I remember singing the first verse and chorus in grade school...um...several...years ago but I never realized how silly (and fun) the song is until I looked up all the verses.

Hope you get a good chuckle...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNqYQMj49Yc

John

I'd forgotten the churchyard verse, and had never heard the boy scout verse.

What makes this even cooler for me, is that this is one of the songs I've been singing with my father-in-law for his speech therapy these past few weeks.

when I get back to California in a coupe of weeks, I'll have to sing the ones I missed - my guess is that he will just start laughing. (g)

Thanks, John!

-Kurt

Thanks y'all. It was a lot of fun. As you can see, I operate on the theory that men over fifty have a solemn duty to embarass their family members periodically. :)

Oh, and I suspect that the boy scout verse was probably not original to the 1880 version - I don't know when they invented artificial respiration but I suspect it wasn't until later.

John

Oh this is so great! And I love the intro- I bet your grandkids have a heck of a lot of fun with their grand dad.
Love all the verses- I too never got past number one.
Great job

Thanks y'all. It was a lot of fun. As you can see, I operate on the theory that men over fifty have a solemn duty to embarass their family members periodically. :)John
I can relate to that!!! Great job on the song/video.

Top Bottom