So excited!

aljanny

Reaction score
July is indulging my love for the ukulele:

1) My boyfriend had enough of my drooling over banjos in the local music store every time we're in there, and got me a great little banjo uke for my birthday (it sounds so awesome! Love me some banjo-y twang, plus the fact that I don't have to learn new chord positions is great - I'm busy enough learning one instrument, on top of everything else I've got goin' on in life.) I was worried that my poor soprano was going to gather dust, but I actually like switching back and forth between them every few minutes - they make each other sound refreshing and distinct =)

2) I'm going to see Jake Shimabukuro play tomorrow night! I've been waiting since I bought tickets in February. I'm so excited! If watching his youtube videos is inspiring, I can't even imagine how great seeing him live must be. I think my ukes will remain permanently glued to my hand for at least a week after...

The egg, right?
I might just see him the day after that! :D

Aloha Aljanny,
Happy Belated Birthday and what a score..a banjolele for a present... Have fun and enjoy and also enjoy Jake tomorrow night...you lucky gal....MM Stan

Top Bottom