PDA

View Full Version : OOOOO...it's nearly here!!!

joeybug
07-08-2011, 02:52 AM
Hey everyone :D

I just checked the USPS website to track my new Eleuke from Mim and it's landed in the UK!!! AND cleared Customs!!!! I don't know whether it's now out for delivery or if that won't happen until tomorrow/Monday :D

Sooooo excited!

So, decisions, should I do a video of me unwrapping her? Or post teasing photos or both?!

All I'll tell you is it's an Eleuke, but the rest is a secret until I reveal!

*does a happy dance*

mm stan
07-08-2011, 02:56 AM
Aloha Joey,
Congratulations..I know how the wait is too..I just can't stand that...sheesh..ha ha so are you teasing us again..hope it arrives this week...let us know..MM Stan

joeybug
07-08-2011, 02:58 AM
Aloha Joey,
Congratulations..I know how the wait is too..I just can't stand that...sheesh..ha ha so are you teasing us again..hope it arrives this week...let us know..MM Stan

I think you'll be able to hear my squees of excitement when it actually arrives on my doorsteps from Hawaii, Stan! I'll post when it arrives and I'm able to tear myself away from her!

roxhum
07-08-2011, 03:07 AM
Oh I LOVE new uke day!!! Both! Tease us and end with a video of you playing it. I am excited for you.

joeybug
07-08-2011, 03:16 AM
Oh I LOVE new uke day!!! Both! Tease us and end with a video of you playing it. I am excited for you.

I like that idea! So I need batteries for my camera and my video camera at the ready :D YAY!!!

fitncrafty
07-08-2011, 03:19 AM
I think you should call me on Skype when it comes!! Ha ha.. Can't wait to see what you picked out.. It's jam time for sure! :)

Can't wait to hear you play it.. and boy oh boy that was fast!! Go MIM!!!

joeybug
07-08-2011, 03:33 AM
I think you should call me on Skype when it comes!! Ha ha.. Can't wait to see what you picked out.. It's jam time for sure! :)

Can't wait to hear you play it.. and boy oh boy that was fast!! Go MIM!!!

I know, it was posted last Friday and is already in the UK! I was expecting it to be about two weeks :D

DAPuke
07-08-2011, 06:26 AM
Wow, exciting for sure. Do you have amplification?

mds725
07-08-2011, 08:45 AM
So, decisions, should I do a video of me unwrapping her? Or post teasing photos or both?!

Well, duh! You'd better do both!

Congratulations in advance on your new eleuke! I got a tenor eleuke from Mim several months ago and I'm very happy with it, although I don't have an amp for it yet (I've been using a headset when I play it). All I can say for sure about yours is that it will be purple, but I imagine there are other surprises about it as well.

rem50
07-08-2011, 10:30 AM
too much excitement for one day! Many new ukes floating around and finding homes all over the world. Congrats! Can't wait to hear it.

joeybug
07-08-2011, 10:20 PM
Wow, exciting for sure. Do you have amplification?

I do, I have a HoneyTone Amp that I brought with my Tanglewood...it's all ready to rock out!

Well, duh! You'd better do both!

Congratulations in advance on your new eleuke! I got a tenor eleuke from Mim several months ago and I'm very happy with it, although I don't have an amp for it yet (I've been using a headset when I play it). All I can say for sure about yours is that it will be purple, but I imagine there are other surprises about it as well.

Ah, you'd be surprised! I just checked the website and it's at the post office so maybe out for delivery today or Monday, I'm already very happy with Mim, she made me a great deal and shipping was quicker than I expected!

joeybug
07-08-2011, 10:21 PM
too much excitement for one day! Many new ukes floating around anYerd finding homes all over the world. Congrats! Can't wait to hear it.

Yeah, there seems to be something in the air with people buying new Ukes! Thanks :D

molokinirum
07-09-2011, 01:49 AM
WTG J Bug!!! You gotta post a video of the unpacking and then play a bit for all of us!!!
Congratulations!!!

PS...Nice job Mim!!!!!

joeybug
07-09-2011, 01:51 AM
WTG J Bug!!! You gotta post a video of the unpacking and then play a bit for all of us!!!
Congratulations!!!

PS...Nice job Mim!!!!!

Thanks, think I'll tease you with some photos first and then do a video..staying home 99% of the time today in case they try to deliver, sod's law it won't come till Monday though!

Hippie Dribble
07-09-2011, 03:33 AM
"Eugenie...fire up that thar popcorn dear..." :)

joeybug
07-10-2011, 12:00 AM
"Eugenie...fire up that thar popcorn dear..." :)

Keep that popcorn fresh, didn't arrive yesterday so we're aiming for Monday!

roxhum
07-10-2011, 04:43 AM
Oh nooooooooooo The torture of waiting over the weekend. What really tortures me is certain postal services won't leave a package if you are not home. I am never home, I work full time so if I don't realize this in advance I come home and find out I missed my delivery and then I have to take off work to pick it up the next day and once they couldn't find it. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!! I had to come back again the next day and this particular delivery service was a little bit of a drive from where I work and live. My blood pressure was dangerously high as I waited in anticipation. This was actually for an accordion and I am just now remembering that when I got my package home I ripped the package open and in my haste I did not realize there was additional packaging on the inside of the accordion and when I tried to play it I broke it. I then had to wait additional days before my accordion instructor could fix it for me. Everything about the ukulele is so much easeir.

joeybug
07-10-2011, 09:12 AM
Oh nooooooooooo The torture of waiting over the weekend. What really tortures me is certain postal services won't leave a package if you are not home. I am never home, I work full time so if I don't realize this in advance I come home and find out I missed my delivery and then I have to take off work to pick it up the next day and once they couldn't find it. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!! I had to come back again the next day and this particular delivery service was a little bit of a drive from where I work and live. My blood pressure was dangerously high as I waited in anticipation. This was actually for an accordion and I am just now remembering that when I got my package home I ripped the package open and in my haste I did not realize there was additional packaging on the inside of the accordion and when I tried to play it I broke it. I then had to wait additional days before my accordion instructor could fix it for me. Everything about the ukulele is so much easeir.

Sounds like that was a really HARD wait!! I'm hoping it will come tomorrow and then I have to restrain myself and take teaser photos and do a video...I'll be working on this week's uni work too but that may get put to one side to do Tuesday! Depending on when it comes of course! I'm really excited, but knowing my luck I'll get a letter tomorrow say they're holding it hostage until I pay customs, which I haven't had yet and it says on the track it's been "delivered to delivering post office" so I'm hoping Customs have let it through and it'll come tomorrow!!! OH PLEASE LET IT COME TOMORROW!!!

If it does, I'll have to be very restrained and only post a few pictures at a time, because I want to tease you all, rather than going "ISN'T IT PRETTTTYYYY" and posting them all at once! Though even if I manage it I doubt I'll tease for long, couldn't stand to!

brucemoffatt
07-10-2011, 12:50 PM
It's a race! My new uke has cleared Australian customs. Let's see who gets pics/vids up first. Exciting, isn't it Joey? :) :) :)

allanr
07-10-2011, 01:48 PM
So now I know what I'll be doing on my computer tomorrow instead of working!

redBee
07-10-2011, 03:09 PM
Isn't shipping tracking the best thing?
The excitement of knowing that your package is getting closer and closer to you!

raecarter
07-10-2011, 10:02 PM
Joey I was looking at mim to buy a uke yesterday I need to ask some questions about shipping customs etc? Can you inbox me your email on twitter maybe? O I love new uke days

joeybug
07-10-2011, 10:31 PM
Look what the postman left!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v452/joeybug44/Ukulele%20Pictures/Kupuna001.jpg

brucemoffatt
07-10-2011, 10:49 PM
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

joeybug
07-10-2011, 10:52 PM
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

I literally parked up as he was trying to leave and I was like "NOOOOO" I said I lived at the house he'd tried to deliver too and could I PPLLLEEEAAASSEEE have my package! He made me sign and then handed it over!!!

YAYAY!!!

raecarter
07-10-2011, 10:58 PM
I live that mim has decorated the box

joeybug
07-10-2011, 10:59 PM
I live that mim has decorated the box

Yup, it's definitely for me!!!

brucemoffatt
07-10-2011, 11:04 PM
stop posting please and TAKE SOME MORE PICTURES please :)

joeybug
07-10-2011, 11:08 PM
stop posting please and TAKE SOME MORE PICTURES please :)

You mean like this one?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v452/joeybug44/Ukulele%20Pictures/Kupuna002.jpg

joeybug
07-10-2011, 11:23 PM
Okay, how about this one?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v452/joeybug44/Ukulele%20Pictures/Kupuna003.jpg

brucemoffatt
07-10-2011, 11:24 PM
pretending to ignore this thread until more pics are posted :)

joeybug
07-10-2011, 11:29 PM
pretending to ignore this thread until more pics are posted :)

You're twisting my arm, but okay!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v452/joeybug44/Ukulele%20Pictures/Kupuna004.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v452/joeybug44/Ukulele%20Pictures/Kupuna009.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v452/joeybug44/Ukulele%20Pictures/Kupuna010.jpg

brucemoffatt
07-11-2011, 12:19 AM
You got the rosewood uke. Suuuweeeeeeeet. You will love it.

fitncrafty
07-11-2011, 01:10 AM
Teaser... Nice uke.. I am so surprised that you didn't get the violet.. if eleuke came out with a DARK purple.. I would have to have another one..

joeybug
07-11-2011, 01:16 AM
Teaser... Nice uke.. I am so surprised that you didn't get the violet.. if eleuke came out with a DARK purple.. I would have to have another one..

Yeah, I was torn between the two, but the Rosewood is soo nice I just had to have it...

joeybug
07-11-2011, 01:17 AM
More pics!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v452/joeybug44/Ukulele%20Pictures/Kupuna007.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v452/joeybug44/Ukulele%20Pictures/Kupuna005.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v452/joeybug44/Ukulele%20Pictures/Kupuna006.jpg

And check out my new sig pic too!

Mim
07-11-2011, 01:35 AM
I LOVE IT!!!

The funny thing is being the dealer I see the pictures and think things like "Ahhhh! The bridge looks thirsty!" I oil them up good, but I swear something about them going over seas, they dry up a little. If you throw some oil on the bridge sometime it will be dark like the rest of the rosewood! I love the picture on top of the sheet music! To me it shows it is going to have lots of play-time and lots of love!

So glad you love it Miss Bug!

PS Someone was complaining the other day about the stickers on the back of the neck. I agree, they can look cumbersome. But... If you no longer want them there: #1 You can just remove the one identifying the model, you know what model it is. The Serial # is handy in case you need to inquire about it, but it can be placed somewhere like the inside of the battery compartment if you want! Just a little Mim tip and trick :)

raecarter
07-11-2011, 01:49 AM
I LOVE IT!!!

The funny thing is being the dealer I see the pictures and think things like "Ahhhh! The bridge looks thirsty!" I oil them up good, but I swear something about them going over seas, they dry up a little. If you throw some oil on the bridge sometime it will be dark like the rest of the rosewood! I love the picture on top of the sheet music! To me it shows it is going to have lots of play-time and lots of love!

PS Someone was complaining the other day about the stickers on the back of the neck. I agree, they can look cumbersome. But... If you no longer want them there: #1 You can just remove the one identifying the model, you know what model it is. The Serial # is handy in case you need to inquire about it, but it can be placed somewhere like the inside of the battery compartment if you want! Just a little Mim tip and trick :)

Hi mim I spoke to Joey and she recommended I spoke to you regarding the eleuke acoustic electric. I emailed you a few hours back from your website x

Mim
07-11-2011, 01:53 AM
Hi mim I spoke to Joey and she recommended I spoke to you regarding the eleuke acoustic electric. I emailed you a few hours back from your website x

I saw that! Sorry I did not get back to ya! Sunday I try to stay focused on the fam. This afternoon I am going to have a dedicated hour to respond to e-mails so I will get back to ya then :)

joeybug
07-11-2011, 02:21 AM
I LOVE IT!!!

Thanks for the tip, I don't mind the sticker actually, put on the headstock strap that Lori so kindly sent me as an extra when I last brought one, so she's ready to play!!! I'm just uploading the sound sample, chose a funny song and I love playing her!!!

fitncrafty
07-11-2011, 02:25 AM
I love love love my eleuke! I am sure that you will love yours just as much!! I think you are running out of room on your signature photos though! :)
Can't wait to hear your sound sample. Yes I 'should' be doing schoolwork but instead I am hoping for you tube to hurry up!!! :)

joeybug
07-11-2011, 02:30 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mU9k2rwbc_g

Sound Sample :D

Hope you like it :D

joeybug
07-11-2011, 02:31 AM
I love love love my eleuke! I am sure that you will love yours just as much!! I think you are running out of room on your signature photos though! :)
Can't wait to hear your sound sample. Yes I 'should' be doing schoolwork but instead I am hoping for you tube to hurry up!!! :)

I am running out of room, but I think eventually I'll have to go back to just listing them :D

PS. I've given up hope of doing any uni work today, tomorrow I will!

fitncrafty
07-11-2011, 02:40 AM
I am running out of room, but I think eventually I'll have to go back to just listing them :D

PS. I've given up hope of doing any uni work today, tomorrow I will!

How much longer till your videos up?

joeybug
07-11-2011, 02:43 AM
How much longer till your videos up?

It's up now :D

redBee
07-11-2011, 03:07 AM
Nice!
The great thing about eleukes, is that you can play them at late hours at night without worrying that you would bother the neighbors.
(Very important if living in Japan!)

joeybug
07-11-2011, 03:11 AM
Nice!
The great thing about eleukes, is that you can play them at late hours at night without worrying that you would bother the neighbors.
(Very important if living in Japan!)

Yup, I kinda had that feature with my tanglewood because the amp I have allows you to do that, but I wanted the Eleuke for the mp3 and the same reason, I can play my acoustics at night without bothering people, but I wanted the mp3 function as well as silent playing!

molokinirum
07-11-2011, 04:09 AM
Hey J Bug...that is a sweet looking uke and it sounds great!!! Now you got me thinking about one!! Also...very nice tribute to your Grandmom!!!!!!
Congrats and have fun!!! BTW...that is one heck of a uke collection you have!!!

raecarter
07-11-2011, 04:19 AM
I saw that! Sorry I did not get back to ya! Sunday I try to stay focused on the fam. This afternoon I am going to have a dedicated hour to respond to e-mails so I will get back to ya then :)

mm stan
07-11-2011, 07:48 AM
Congrats Joey,
It looks like mine..whoo woo....rosewood is beautiful..Have fun and enjoy.....plug that baby into your honeytone.....and JAMMMMMMM:):):)
Thank you for sharing ....MM Stan

mds725
07-12-2011, 07:25 AM
Congratulations on the new eleuke! I'm shocked! -- shocked, I tell you! -- that you didn't get the violet one, but I myself couldn't resist the charms of rosewood eleukes (I have the tenor scale) so I completely understand why you would pick the rosewood one instead. It sounds great and it looks like Mim pampered it before sending it out to you. (Another shoutout to Mim!) It looks like a very happy eleuke, and you look like a very happy eleuke player.

ukulefty
07-12-2011, 07:34 AM
OMG! I am so damn jealous! :)

spookefoote
07-12-2011, 09:57 AM
You can go off people really quickly Joey!!!!!!!!

Enjoy, you lucky thing you.

joeybug
07-12-2011, 11:35 AM
Congratulations on the new eleuke! I'm shocked! -- shocked, I tell you! -- that you didn't get the violet one, but I myself couldn't resist the charms of rosewood eleukes (I have the tenor scale) so I completely understand why you would pick the rosewood one instead. It sounds great and it looks like Mim pampered it before sending it out to you. (Another shoutout to Mim!) It looks like a very happy eleuke, and you look like a very happy eleuke player.

Yeah, it was a sure thing until I laid eyes on the Rosewood and then...love at first sight! Mim treated me great and I love this sooo very much!

OMG! I am so damn jealous! :)

You can go off people really quickly Joey!!!!!!!!

Enjoy, you lucky thing you.

Thanks, both of you..though I did hear a while back that Eleuke were looking into a new UK distributor, so maybe they'll come back to the UK soon :D