Uke-friendly music stores in Ottawa?

ichadwick

Reaction score
I will be attending a municipal conference in Ottawa at the end of this month. Thought I might sneak out for an hour and investigate some music stores. Are there any that have a good selection of ukuleles, accessories and strings?

If so, who and where are they located? I will be downtown near the convention centre, a block or so from the market.

Any place to hear/see ukers play?

Errmmm, most of the music stores around here have like... those beginner Mahalo sopranos and pretty much nothing else. Steve's does have a little more... but nothing great, it's close to the market on Rideau and King Edward. The Ottawa Folklore Centre on Bank St. has a Cole Clark hanging there, costs about $1000 but you could give a go, lol.
Lauzon Music has one Martin Soprano hanging there, it's kinda far from downtown and there's a lot of construction going on there, so it might be hard getting there, 1345 Wellington Street West.
Really... I wouldn't say there are any great places here. Then again, I haven't been to EVERY music store in town.

Last edited:
Errmmm, most of the music stores around here have like... those beginner Mahalo sopranos and pretty much nothing else.
Deja vu! I had hoped a big city like Ottawa would have a much better selection than our local small-town stores, but it seems I am mistaken.

Top Bottom