Jake stopped by the office

villafranca

Reaction score
Full disclosure: I work for RollingStone.com.

OK, now that that's out of the way, we have indie bands stop by the office all the time and do 3-song performances, then they end up on RollingStone.com.

Today, Jake Shimabukuro came by to play. He played:
1. Bring Your Ads
2. 143
3. Bohemian Rhapsody.

I literally sat about 20 feet away from him and he blew everyone's minds!

jake.jpg

Yep, lucky me!

to be a fly on the wall. It must have been awesome to have your own mini concert.

Aloha Villafranca,
Welcome to the UU and our forums..and lucky you .....ha ha look at his uke case..wow..you must get alot of cool musicians there too...it must have been a fun day....Mahalo Nui...
Free Jake Mini concert..cool work benefits...

That's rad you're lucky to have had the chance. When will it get posted on RollingStone.com
Next some persons gonna post about a topless Megan Fox photo shoot they were just at.......LOL some folks have all the luck. X)

Videos of performances get put up within a couple of weeks. I'll be sure to post a link once the clips are up!

Hey he wore that outfit 2 days ago I hope it's washed!

lol thats pretty cool, luck you!

Well i would call that a good day at the office.
Lucky you and i am looking forward to seeing the video.

Wow...what a great day to be at work!!!

I'd guess that if he's being recorded, it is going through a mixing board, so that the ukulele is clear - and having a mike pick up the acoustic sound from the instrument will add a lot to the final recording.

I'd guess that if he's being recorded, it is going through a mixing board, so that the ukulele is clear - and having a mike pick up the acoustic sound from the instrument will add a lot to the final recording.
Okay, thanks. That actually makes a lot of sense. :)

Exactly right! Thanks for saving me the time of having to explain...

Another pic

Here's another pic of Jake (I figured I'd give you guys a better view of his ukulele case). Before each song, he talked about what inspired it.

jake2.jpg

It was pretty surreal to be in such a small an intimate setting and seeing his genius up close. What a great ambassador for the ukulele!

I'm drooling over all that vinyl behind him.

Top Bottom