WTF is it with muggles??! Rant warning!

Teek

Reaction score
Warning! Self centered rant ahead!

Sorry, as noted in warning above, was being a self centered asshole. Well spanked. All better now, thanks!

Last edited:
Blimey, sounds terrible, if it makes you feel any better, I read a story about this guy in Afghanistan who lost 27 relatives that were blown to bits right in front of his eyes at wedding ceremony, by an unmanned US drone plane that was flown by a guy in Houston on a pc terminal, apparently to him it looked like an illegal gathering.

The guy lost all his children, his wife, his parents, his grandchildren, his brothers and sisters, uncles and aunts, cousins, family friends and the couple that were getting married.
The guy in Houston finished his shift, dropped into wattaburger and stuffed himself on junk food, and then went home to kiss his own wife and kids as if nothing had happened.

The guy in Afghanistan was walking 500 miles to pakistan.

He seemed quite positive about life compared to you.

i guess it's all a matter of perspective.

Ripper of a rant Teek!

For some reason that ol saying came into my mind... "life is what happens while you're busy making other plans..."

And then the lines of that wonderful spiritual "All my trials will soon be over..."

And lastly, that caustic parting shot, "Men! Can't live with em. Can't live without em!" :)

That sucks! Sorry to hear of your problems *squishes*

I'm lucky in that my room-mate/best friend/carer who lives with me and her daughter are pretty good at just letting me play, I can't record videos when little one is around because right at the important part she'll come in and say "Aunty Joey, can I...?" or "What are you doing?" or something else that makes the video useless, because I have to stop and talk to her.

Hope you get some quiet time to yourself soon!

*more squishes*

Hi Teek I read your whole rant and I feel for you,I hope this little bit helps.
Cheers.

Ok, now I'm just glad I still have the use of my hands, even though they hurt like a sonofabitch! Thanks guys for yanking me around to a healthier perspective! In the end nothing I learn is for keeps anyway, I've been thinking about that and that is why I am working five jobs and selling off personal belongings including said guitars and ukes. Work is good service, and having "stuff" is pretty pointless for me. A roof, a real yard, and my poodle give me a ton of happiness. For ukes etc. I might as well be playing FarmVille, it's about as productive and probably the same level of reward and annoyance combined, and takes up a lot less space in the closet.

Sending prayers for all the people in war zones, including all our own city streets. Some of what happens just in daily "normal" life is pretty awful. Murder, rape, shootings, houses burning down, earthquakes fires, floods. Yeesh, I'm ready to go now. :p

PS: I work one on one with an abusive, controlling demented boss as a PA, and I think by the end of the week it has worn my patience a little thin. Yes, I'm glad to have that job, it is my "best" one. I absolutely know it's not as hard or nasty or as dangerous as being a grunt in any war zone in the Middle East.

Last edited:
Phew, I'm so glad you didn't take my reply the wrong way, I just re read it and it did look a bit cold and harsh and I'm sorry if it came across that way.

I also get stuck in loops of discontent and frustration and it's usually something like a war story of a global disaster that pulls me back to reality, i guess that was what i was trying to share.

With regards to the sore hands, i get that too, and I'm only in my 40's, Mine came from 20 years as a tradesman installing flooring so I spent years crawling about on my hands and knees on cold concrete floors.

One thing I found that definately helps heaps with my fingers and knuckle joints is emu oil, I dont know if you can get it there or if it's just an australian thing, but I think you could track it down online, its basically an ointment that you rub into your joints and is especially good for arthritis and worn out old bones like mine.

It's not cheap, and i was sceptical at first, but it really really works.

Anyways, glad you have cheered up a bit and hope you manage to find some quiet personal time to just relax and enjoy your playing.

good luck with everything, and if you cant get any emu oil tell me and i'll try and send you a small bottle of it if I can

regards

webby

One thing I found that definately helps heaps with my fingers and knuckle joints is emu oil

nice post webby. :)

+1 for the emu oil Teek. It's amazing stuff. Eugenie uses it for her hands and dodgy knee. Works a treat.

Thanks guys for compassion, I know better, I forget that pain makes people more reactive. I was just bummed and being whiney and taking it personally, when it was my side of the street that needed cleaning up. I can only manage one good uke session a week and then I hurt too much and have to save what is left for work. I did too many mouse hours and should not have even picked anything up nor ever been typing a buncha whiney crap. I got my selfish head sorted with help of wise friends. :) And this morning I just read about a young war vet who was a double amputee who fell off a rollercoaster, what a tragedy. He went through over three years of hellish rehab and had just moved back with his folks. Seems god wanted him to know how tough he was and inspire others before he got to go home.

I will have to look for the emu oil. I get a radicular neuropathy that radiates from my neck down my arms to both hands which makes my arms numb and weak, and aggravates the CTS. I just try to do basic care for it.

I also found a book called The False Fat Diet which discusses food sensitivities, which I have, that can really increase joint pain via fluid retention and toxins, including artificial food additives. I have a lot of these and the book makes perfect sense to me from my experience. I'm about 80 pages into it in two days.

@ Webby, the book says arthritis in our 40s-50s is often aggravated by the above. So the job that beat you up caused damage, but the inflamation problem many people get from the body fighting sensitivities may make it worse than it should be. I think that may be what is aggravating mine so much. It also says aspirin in particular has an effect that speeds the destruction of cartilage in the joint. I know MGM had a horrible time with CTS and numbness in his hands when his liver was in crisis, and that was due a lot to toxins.

Re the emu oil, I just looked it up. Apparently you need to watch your sources for it, but it has healing properties based on all the oils which are easily absorbed. All the omegas help with inflamation, so it seems you're onto something there. It seems to be established in North America so going to take a shot! :D

Top Bottom