Mya-Moe shop videos

Gmoney

Reaction score
Last edited:
Mya-Moe has posted some "shop" videos, showing the making of various aspects of their ukes. Quite informative.

http://www.myamoeukuleles.com/ShopVideos.html

Yeah Glenn. They're great videos aren't they. :) Was gonna post these up myself mate. Topics covered include dressing frets, gluing in bindings, how the signature MM headplates are put together, stringing ukes with either peghed or geared tuners, steps in construction of the bodies, and of the neck builds. AWESOME and really a great window into what these awesome folks are doing. IE building the best ukes on the market. :)

I loved the neck shaping - no CNC here, just craftsmanship & skill. Never thought about using a microplane to shape out the initial outline & seeing Gordon use the spokeshave reminds me how labor intensive handmade ukes are... well worth the asking price.

I loved the neck shaping - no CNC here, just craftsmanship & skill. Never thought about using a microplane to shape out the initial outline & seeing Gordon use the spokeshave reminds me how labor intensive handmade ukes are... well worth the asking price.

Craftsmanship is amazing, but I'd rely on tooling for accuracy, repeatability and minimal defects. Of course tooling has its costs, and limits changes.

Those are great videos to let folks know what all goes into their ukes. Much appreciated.

Mahalo Glenn for sharing..wow look into their proceedures and shop....nice
always nice to others shops...:)

funny enough I found them on my youtube channel this morning. Great insight in a lutherie.

Top Bottom