Stairway To (Uke) Heaven

Ken of York

Reaction score
Funny but I thought there would be at least a sprinkling of homespun Led Zep vids around here but there doesn't seem to be. So for fun I got all dressed down (can't beleive how old some of my tour shirts are now) and had a go at one of the great foundations of rock music.

It is mostly learned with a touch of improv, and good fun to play.

I just re-strung the Kanilea after having it on 'low G' set up for most of its short life, not usually a strummer but I like the way the chords are sounding :cool:

And I got ideas for another more obscure Zep cover, this time totally improvised but gonna take time to work it all out.

Till soon friends....

Aloha Ken,
Nice job ....one of my all time favorites growing up.....thanks for sharing..MM Stan

Very well done. Your uke, and you, sound amazing.

That sounds great buddy, nice clear ringing tone also, ain't Kanile'a great :)

Join my mission to get them to start making 1 piece sides though, I almost want to buy them a jig myself to get one! ... almost but not quite :)

Thanks you guys. I'm making an effort to develop more on the Uke, only been playing since January, but I bought a GL6 so they compete for my attention. Best thing I did recently was get a decent condenser mic for my olympus camera so I can capture a more realistic sound now without distortion.

Hey SRS-45, haven't really thought about the side pieces of the Kanileas, the GL6 is the same. It would perhaps add another touch of quality but don't know if it affects the sound. Talking of sound I'm so glad my K-2 hasn't been affected because (oh the shame, the guilt, and yet more shame) I stood directly on the face of it about a month ago. With enough force to make it 'creak' pretty loudly, I can't really explain why it was layed on the floor in the first place, quite often my life resembles an episode of Mr Bean. But I jumped 10 feet and then was on my knees with tears in eyes - I really thought I had just killed it but after some really intense examination and a retuning and plucking away I can't detect anything wrong. I think the creaking sound was the bracing behind the top but nothing is loose, no buzzing - my baby still lives and we won't be telling the Uke Police about this little episode ;-)

I see you have the DVI, is it singing for you like the GL6 does for me?

Ken

Top Bottom