New uke gig bag!

Gerald Ross

Reaction score
I was at Elderly Instruments yesterday and saw this fantastic new ukulele gig bag. It's by the renowned instrument bag company Reunion Blues.

This bag is very sturdy with almost a hard shell case feel, stylish, lightweight and ultra protective.

Check it out.

http://elderly.com/accessories/items/RBCONT-CONUKE.htm

Disclaimer: I do not work for nor am an endorsee for Reunion Blues or Elderly Instruments! Just spreading some informative uke news.

LOVE these bags! I looked closely at this one last Friday & like everything about it. But... no concert uke except for my beater Kala "Mighty Uke" at present. I do plan on buying the tenor size for my LoPrinzi. Its considerably lighter than the hardshell case its in now. But these Reunion Blues cases are way more than the flimsy "gig bag" being pawned off w/guitars & many cheaper ukes.

For the traveling or performing uke player, these should really be considered in place of a hard shell case, IMO. If your ukes never leave the house, perhaps a "standard" hardshell is just as good.

Looks like a nice bag. Now if there's something that I obsess over more than new ukes, it's bags. All kinds. Camera, ipad, messenger, man-purse, you name it... and now I can add ukulele travel bags to the list??!!?

My bank account thanks you for the tip, Gerald. :rolleyes:

Seriously, soon as I find a tenor one I'm going to order and use it for which ever uke I'm traveling with.

Seriously, soon as I find a tenor one I'm going to order and use it for which ever uke I'm traveling with.

I'm having a hard time finding a source for the tenor bag w/o HIGH shipping charges! The few online sources seem to want in the neighborhood of $30+ just to ship?!

Welcome to the real world. Shipping means boxing. Boxing means a box...that costs money...yes, real money. Boxing means labor...that costs money. Shipping means processing paperwork and computer work. That costs money. Of the quoted $30.00, I'll bet that barely half of that is in actual UPS, FedEx, or USPS shipping charges; the rest is packaging and handling. We ship things every day, and it's not inexpensive to do so.

Welcome to the real world. Shipping means boxing. Boxing means a box...that costs money...yes, real money. Boxing means labor...that costs money. Shipping means processing paperwork and computer work. That costs money. Of the quoted $30.00, I'll bet that barely half of that is in actual UPS, FedEx, or USPS shipping charges; the rest is packaging and handling. We ship things every day, and it's not inexpensive to do so.

Yes, sir... you are correct. I'm whining! Perhaps if I just buy another uke AND that case at the same time from that same online vendor, the $30 won't seem extreme. :)

Probably the best looking gig bag (and tough too) I'VE ever seen

Standard disclaimers ~ no relation to blah, blah.

Elderly's site didn't have a lot of pictures of it but a quick Google search not only located more pictures but also a video on this page of a Fender Strat being thrown off a roof in a similar Reunion Blues case.

Twice.

Does my $99 ukulele need a $130 (with shipping) gig bag? Probably not, but it does seem exceptionally well designed and well made. So, yes, it's on my wish list.

Reunion Blues website has a nice descriptive video:

Here are some other pictures:
artisan_02162.jpg
artisan_03159.jpg

artisan_0935.jpg

artisan_0759.jpg

Standard disclaimers ~ no relation to blah, blah.

Elderly's site didn't have a lot of pictures of it but a quick Google search not only located more pictures but also a video on this page of a Fender Strat being thrown off a roof in a similar Reunion Blues case.

Twice.

Does my $99 ukulele need a $130 (with shipping) gig bag? Probably not, but it does seem exceptionally well designed and well made. So, yes, it's on my wish list.

Here are some other pictures:
artisan_02162.jpg
artisan_03159.jpg

artisan_0759.jpg

Slick but there's no place to hang your pitons, cams and water bottle. ;)

Uke Republic got some in & I bought the tenor case for my LoPrinzi Tenor. And... we tried out a couple of other ukes for the interested. Haolejohn's KoAloha Super Concert in a tenor case & a Big Island concert in the concert size. GREAT case!

Attachments

• WP_000319 (2).jpg
    WP_000319 (2).jpg
    92 KB · Views: 104
  • WP_000320 (2).jpg
    WP_000320 (2).jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 88
  • WP_000325 (2).jpg
    WP_000325 (2).jpg
    84 KB · Views: 88
  • WP_000326 (2).jpg
    WP_000326 (2).jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 81
  • WP_000327 (2).jpg
    WP_000327 (2).jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 86
Fancy !

Well, I'm jumping the gun with this announcement but what the heck . . .

About 2 weeks ago I was placing an order with Musician's Friend and I mentioned the Reunion Blues concert case and was asked if I would like to try to special order it. Sure, why not.

Skip a little ahead ~ Musician's Friend will soon be carrying it as a regular item. It's not there yet but in the next week or 2 maybe you can find it here for < $120 with free shipping.

I have Reunion Blues bags for my guitars and basses. Great products, but pricey. I am so tempted to get the new ukulele bag.

Call me a hater, but.....As long as you can get a nice fremont hardcase for $80, I find it hard to spend $120 on a padded gig bag. Sorry. Sometines a hater has to hate
I know there is a lot of work put into them and it can be used as a backpack and all that jazz. it just seems like it should be $70 tops

Call me a hater, but.....As long as you can get a nice fremont hardcase for $80, I find it hard to spend $120 on a padded gig bag. Sorry. Sometines a hater has to hate
I know there is a lot of work put into them and it can be used as a backpack and all that jazz. it just seems like it should be $70 tops

Yo, Tim.... get one in hand & try it. My only complaint is that they don't have a soprano for one. (OK, another "gripe" - I need to buy another concert uke for that size bag!)

I will see if they bite on doing a review.
and what I said before is just my take on it. I know I am not being flamed by anyone, and that is what I love about this place.
I may do a case review week like I did banjo week. any thoughts?

You're a hater.

Sorry about that, but you told me to do it. :D

I would love if it was a lot less expensive (like the $50 you suggest) but then again, I have seen some rather well made backpacks that sell for $60-70 that fall far short of the quality and features that I've seen [just in pictures so far] with this case.

I was looking for the cheapest soft case that had the features I wanted. This is what I ended up choosing.

Soprano and Bari coming soon.
I first didn't appreciate what went into these until I got my hands on one @ NAMM then I was smitten. It is a top of the line product. I must thank Gmoney for getting me to look into carrying these. It's perfect for travel or storage and doubles as a pillow if you camp :)
Yo, Tim.... get one in hand & try it. My only complaint is that they don't have a soprano for one. (OK, another "gripe" - I need to buy another concert uke for that size bag!)

Top Bottom