My Hawaii (Rascals ukulele cover)

keonepax

Verified Account
Reaction score

Not too sure about the chords... I couldn't decide whether Em7 or Gmaj7 was better. If you can suggest better chording, please share on this thread. Anyway, this one is for Louise.

This song is from the Rascals' "Once Upon a Dream" album.

John, Much Mahalos fo dis one . . . Beautiful song and brings back memories of FHS. I think the year was 67 and the album was "Once Upon A Dream"? I remember during an assembly, the Phantoms played it and now wen I hea this song, just gimme chicken skin. The lyrics are just to meaningful. The Krush also recorded this piece and made it a featured song in their nightclub act.

Malama Pono

Mahalo for watching my video and the nice comments! I really appreciate it!

Aloha All,
I really like John's version of My Hawaii..I have just one problem...on just this video it keeps freezing on me..is it my settings or does this happen to all of you too...how can I fix this to
enjoy the viedo..Many thanks ahead of time...MM Stan

Thanks, Stan! I can watch my own video without problem and so far I haven't heard anybody else mention this problem. Do you have problems of freezing with my other recent videos, like Ferry Cross the Mersey? I've been using new software, so I don't know if that is connected. If other people have problems with freezing, please let me know and I'll see what I can do about it.

Thanks, Stan! I can watch my own video without problem and so far I haven't heard anybody else mention this problem. Do you have problems of freezing with my other recent videos, like Ferry Cross the Mersey? I've been using new software, so I don't know if that is connected. If other people have problems with freezing, please let me know and I'll see what I can do about it.
Aloha John,
I watch alot of video's on the forums and every once in a while I get one that does this...but mostly all I have no problems...I even went direct to your You tube site and it was the same..Mahalo Stan
I tried again now and it's still responding the same freezing, I went to your site and the same on this song, but Ferry Cross the Mersey plays okay....I tied other videos and they work fine including Kanakas above
could it be my browser Internet Explorer.. update Keone, I went to firefox and it worked fine..then I came back to internet explorer and it is working fine now...can anyone explain this to me..???

Last edited:
just beautiful.... nice vocals, but the sound of the uke - both your voicings and the recording - is incredible, just top-notch. Is that two ukes multitracked? Such a full, warm, rich sound, blends so well with your voice. Nice visuals, as well....

Thanks so much! Really appreciate it! 23skidoo, this one was just a single track with some reverb added.

very nice, so glad you got another channel going. You are one of the best out there and a personal fav. Thanks,
Don

Top Bottom