Pure Tone Ukuleles

Wrightshire

Reaction score
Hello,

I recently purchased a Pure Tone Ukulele from my local music shop and I'm just wondering if they are any good.

Mine keeps slipping out of tune, and though I know that is usual for new string instruments my friend says his sister has one and it still frequently go's out of tune. Can anyone confirm that they are actually decent or truly terrible, please?

Thank you.

- Wrightshire!

ukes don't really go out of tune. Thats not a symptom of quality of the uke in my opinion. If you have geared tuners, they are not moving. If you have friction, they might be slipping but they are easy enough to adjust so that they don't slip. So, that means the strings are stretching. If you don't stretch them by hand, it could take a while to settle. I stretch mine by hand when I install them or on a new uke. Also, you need to tune it up constantly with new strings. After a while it will seem better but you really should retune the uke every time you play it. In the beginning it might be after every song. Later it might be just before playing.

I can't believe the number of bad ratings i see on ukes because "it goes out of tune". Its true that they all do that.

Although I'm also new, I can see that the strings will stretch for some time, as Huna says. I haven't stretched my strings, but I tune before I play each time. It could be that your friend doesn't play often so the strings will continue to stretch until they reach a certain point.

Yes as Paul says the strings are breaking in and need to be streched...upgrade in stock factory strings is always a good idea too..
to quicken the breaking in process, tune your uke...and bend each individual string from side to side...3-4 times each string...
repeat process 3-4 times daily till your strings keep the tune.....good luck and happy strummings..MM Stan

Top Bottom