Belgian Uke Fest 2011

Ken Middleton

Reaction score
Here's a video I put together with photos I took at this year's Uke Fest in Sint Niklaas in Belgium. Some of the photos were taken on a day trip to the nearby city of Ghent.

I really pleased with the 3 part improvisation that I did for this video.

Belgian Ukulele Festival 2011

You may recognise some of the people in the photos.

Aloha Ken,
Yes Awesome video..thanks for sharing...Just love to watch far away places and see the sights and people and you...soo coool man..

Nice vid, Ken. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for watching.

Aloha Ken,
Yes Awesome video..thanks for sharing...Just love to watch far away places and see the sights and people and you...soo coool man..

I love meeting people when i travel, Stan. Don't much like the journey any more, but I love to meet people. I'll be at the Wine Country Festival in September again and in October I am visiting the lovely people in Canada for the Ceilidh in Nova Scotia. Can't wait.

Are there no uke festivals nearer to home (i.e. the UK) for us Brits Ken?

Were you at the Ukulele Festival Of Great Britain in Cheltenham a few weeks ago? That was definately one of the biggest and best in the world this year.

There have been small but wonderful festivals in Belgium and Paris. With Eurostar these are very close.

What about the one in Dublin in August? That's pretty close.

Very nice Ken - great playing - great recording technique!

Gee Ken. This was just so beautifully performed, photographed and superbly edited. I found it highly emotive. It left me with a lump in my throat. *Bravo* mate. Thanks.

Gee Ken. This was just so beautifully performed, photographed and superbly edited. I found it highly emotive. It left me with a lump in my throat. *Bravo* mate. Thanks.

Thanks. I recorded a 3 part improv the day earlier, but I wasn't happy with it - too many "wrong" notes. I recorded this improv when I was a bit more tuned in. I am pleased with it.

Top Bottom