Pono Mango Tenor - On it's way!

GrumpyCoyote

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Just ordered it from Music Guy Mike.

d03e_1.JPG

So now I need tips on how not to go insane while wating.
:rock:

Oh man - Level 42. I haven't even thought of those guys in a decade.

Last edited:
Woah, that's a pretty uke...I also love the cases Pono's come with, I dig the red stitching.

I'd love to get a Pono, but somehow I can't see it the way I spend money. :p

Totaly resonable actualy - only about $450 US, includes a pick-up and hard case - plus Mike ships for free. I have UAS bad though - I ordered this an hour ago and am now thinking about a baritone.

Sigh... it's the waiting I tell ya - makes ya nutzo.

Sure looks real nice, that one!

Enjoy it, mon!

O man thts so pretty ive been trying to convince myself to buy tht exact uke u must post a review! congrats

i hate to let all you hanson fans down but there drummer is not a girl contrary to pop belief it a man!:eek:

Totaly resonable actualy - only about $450 US, includes a pick-up and hard case - plus Mike ships for free. I have UAS bad though - I ordered this an hour ago and am now thinking about a baritone.
Lucky you. My Pono (same model as yours: gorgeous wood - picturess on my uke review page) cost me another $40 in shipping and about $60 in brokerage and taxes.

I played with a bari at a music store earlier this summer, but didn't like it all that much, so my UAS is leading me in the directionof 6 or 8 stringed versions.

Just played that model at a local music shop. Nice instrument. May it bring you that aloha spirit.

Oh man... it took me ten years to get that thing out of my head from radio play, now you want me to learn the damned thing.

Mmm bop. Does it even have lyrics?

I ordered this a few months ago and love it!
It's beautiful and sounds great. The Ko'olau golds that come with it are nice and super mellow, but I tried the J71's on it with much success--a brighter, more articulate tone.
Mine was an upgrade from my Kala concert, and I was surprised that even having a better uke made me a better player.

attachment.php

Played one last week amongst a wall of others and it was one of my favs. Besides a Kamaka 8-string tenor, that's the one that sounded sweet to my ears! Enjoy :D

Top Bottom