Need Baritone DGBE tuned, songs...

notalent31

Reaction score
I've just started learning the baritone uke, tuned to DGBE and would really love to get a few songs to practice/play. Is there any information on that? Thanks....

Simple: When you find a song chorded for soprano or tenor, just play the shapes, not the chords. Every ukulele song is thus available on every scale, and it's easier than transposing.

Go to www.chordie.com. There you can transpose a song in their extensive library into any key as well as the DGBE baritone tuning or other tunings if you desire. They will give you the chord name and shapes based on your choice.

Ric is correct. Generally though, you kinda have to look at a baritone chord sheet and figure out where to put your fingers. I find looking at the guitar chord shapes gets me confused.

The C chord on a guitar is a three finger chord. On the baritone uke, you just don't have those last strings -- so it is a two finger chord.

Now, some complex chords might be different - but for a beginner this is true.

By the way, the baritone can be a "gateway uke." Don't be surprised if you suddenly need a tenor.

By the way, the baritone can be a "gateway uke." Don't be surprised if you suddenly need a tenor.

Ha! All ukes are gateway drugs...I mean ukes. Doesn't matter which one you start with. Once you've tried one, you have to try them all.

Last edited:
Just a point you may have missed: pick up any guitar songbook and play the first four strings. Ignore the rest. I have dozens of songbooks from my guitar-playing days that work just fine with the baritone.

Top Bottom